2023 OFFICIAL ELK MEAT POLE THREAD

axeforce6

WKR
I’ll be bow hunting deer but won’t be taking any trips where I don’t have service anywhere.

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m jealous guys. Our first kid is on the way and will be here in about six weeks. So I’m grounded this season. I truly wish you all the best of luck. Be safe!
Made that mistake last year after telling my wife no babies between 9/1-11/30, well 9/13/22 is his birthday. Like you said, hunting buddy in a few years! Sent them on vacation so I could hunt this week ahead of his birthday. Good luck with the rest of the misery, I mean pregnancy. Last 6 weeks is 😫

Lucas B

FNG
My wife and I have our third one coming at Thanksgiving. The subtle hints that I'm not going this year for rifle season have been getting gradually less subtle. Last night I heard something about elk hunting not being worth missing my child's birth...

Made that mistake last year after telling my wife no babies between 9/1-11/30, well 9/13/22 is his birthday. Like you said, hunting buddy in a few years! Sent them on vacation so I could hunt this week ahead of his birthday. Good luck with the rest of the misery, I mean pregnancy. Last 6 weeks is

I’m pretty sure God just laughs at ultimatums like that, I told my wife the same and mine came Oct 10, which also just happens to be the rifle deer opener here in Idaho every year. Oh well he will turn 9 this year and next year I know what we are doing for his birthday already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DIY OTC CO bull I shot Sunday night solo 6.5 miles back. Set up camp 15 min before dark in a saddle near a peak I figured elk were bedding on the north side of during the day. After not hearing a bugle since 8:30 am, heard a light bugle decently close (within 300), decided to rip one back a minute later and he fired back within 200 yards. Put my gear back on, walked 20 yards from my tarp, threw out a growly bugle and a cow goes nuts mewing and he bugles. I cut him off with one more and they come running in, I took 10 quick steps behind some cover and knock an arrow. Cow comes to 10 yards on the left of the cover and looks at me, bull ends up coming in to the right and sees me finish drawing but stops at 13 yards. Sent one through the ticker and he went 90 yards and piled up. Entire situation happened in less than 4 minutes from the first time I bugled to when I shot. Prof it only takes one.
20 miles of packing yesterday and a good friend who was dumb enough to hike in and take a heavy load, got it out in 14 hours. Now I’ll spend the rest of my week of vacation recovering from the pack out and debating if I’m dumb enough to go back in after a bear.

Fyi, that tag should be with meat and proof of sex.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
I’m jealous guys. Our first kid is on the way and will be here in about six weeks. So I’m grounded this season. I truly wish you all the best of luck. Be safe!

My second was just born on 9/1. Impeccable timing on my part.

Jaker_cc

WKR
Struck big last night in Montana
4a20a9bb4b333ee109f1a763f0cc81b6.jpg

35306cb3619e364a5a5e4544bdc21e0b.jpg

e0158188f5a2977c38b320c0ef9719b9.jpg

b6066277b5de15ddd33be19951b6fc2d.jpg