2024 New Midrange Optics?

rlsmith1

FNG
With SHOT here next week, anyone aware of a 2-10 or 2-12 (or similar) optic coming to market that is lightweight, short, and has MIL adjustments? Thinking Nightforce or Vortex Razor / AMG quality.

The Leupold Mark 5 2-10 is so close but lacks a good reticle

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have looked for the same thing. I want a close range coyote scope that I can also dial out to 400-500 if called upon. Now that I can shoot long range, I find it hard to take a rifle into the field that is neutered if needed. Almost everywhere I go in AZ could present a shot of opportunity at coyotes at distance.

There really aren’t any options that stick with the minimal top end magnification that gives some weight savings. They always seem to try to go higher than I need for midrange. Makes me just stick with what I have for long range.

My question for me has always been why can’t I be happy with a LPVO, like a good 1-8 or 1-10 for midrange? I say that because my long range is a 3.6-18 and I am comfortable shooting out to 500 on 8x no problem.

With good glass do I need the larger objective for twilight shots at the closer ranges?

I have looked at something in the power you were at, but the magnification range didn’t do much different than the 3.6-18 MK5 I was already running. The MK5 didn’t even save weight and wasn’t really enough to wow me.

I wonder if other optics companies will see the market for a scope that is good from close to 400-500, dials and saves some weight with smaller lenses and shorter tube.

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
Whats a good reticle to you?
You could do a lot worse than the TMR for a reticle visible on lower magnification

OP
R

rlsmith1

FNG
Agreed, I’d prefer some ability to use wind holds if I don’t want to dial. The TMR is growing on me a little, but I already sold a 3.6-18 TMR once haha

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed, I’d prefer some ability to use wind holds if I don’t want to dial. The TMR is growing on me a little, but I already sold a 3.6-18 TMR once haha
I think a mashup of the TMR and PR2 would be good.
Leupold were meant to being doing something similar for the 2-10x30, but goodness knows when/if that’ll happen.