2024 season decisions

So for the past few years I’ve been hunting Colorado deer in 2nd or 3rd seasons and doing great, Always a great hunt we see bucks and have opportunities. My problem next season is my son is a Hs quarterback and I don’t want to miss out on any post season games (oct20-nov20 potentially) so I’m looking for some other options on quality hunts. I have 3 points elk in Colorado 5 each deer elk in Wyoming and 3 in Utah. I have no preference on what/where to hunt just want a quality hunt. I’m leaning towards a muzzy deer hunt in Colorado but thinking maybe a 4th season elk or 4th season deer in a blind unit. Just looking for maybe some recommendations you might have. Never archery hunted elk, that is an option but I would be intimidated to do that solo
Pic of my buck from this year for attention
5b3aaecd2248c30cd3ef7842e79a6db0.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CObywayofUSAF

Lil-Rokslider
I would say go for the muzzy deer and get up in the high country. A lot of people put emphasis on snow and the rut, but the those big bucks are still hanging around and doing their thing on the mountain in September. I saw probably the biggest buck I've ever seen during muzzleloader elk this year. Probably a 190+ 15 yards away from me. This was in a unit you can draw with zero points. Just takes a little more work and effort to find them.

Zig4648

FNG
I agree with CObywayofUSAF I was in the same predicament two years ago. I a drew muzzleloader tag in a unit. It was a little more work as they were just below tree and walked out into drainage or meadow to feed morning and evening. I had no problem finding deer and quality ones. Mostly elk archery hunters in Colorado so they were helpful on info for deer.

DIY hunt or would you consider guided hunt? We offer a high draw odds Wyoming late whitetail hunt that has a bow season in Sept., or rifle season anytime in November with some stellar bucks. We only take 4 hunters in to the properties due to wanting to keep quality high . 100% hunter success last year and guys all took bucks in the 150 range. There is tons of opportunity and expectations should be to get a buck in the 130-150 range however, in the limited time we have had this lease we have been able to harvest a buck or two up to 170 inches. Also, this property has had very little hunt pressure in the past so there is a lot of trophy quality. Here is a picture of a clients buck last year. For more information holler.

Hunter

IMG_4303.jpeg

Thanks 3 of them were taken that size last year. A young lady took one just under 20 inches bigger the year before. The deer had triple browtines and amazing mass for Wyoming. Here is a picture of the one she shot with us in velvet. IMG_2584.jpeg