22 prc

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
What about a 6mm-7prc? No short action, but would probably be a screamer.

We (as in "i") need hornady to make a 6mm prc (based off the 7prc case) and a 120gr eldm.

It would be interesting

181598204a77e7fdee8d3ff537240a3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I did when I saw form mention it on here.

I have a 6um on the way- judging by some of the stated velocities over the 6PRC-The 6um seems to be on the ragged edge for 6mm where the gains diminish.

I don’t think there would be worthwhile gains for the hassle of the work in .224
Plus- I don’t want to have to Fireform a second saum case.
Once I burn through my stock of SAUM brass I’ll likely leave it and move to prc cases due to their availability and easy die swap. Having 1 die set and inexpensive brass makes the economy of buying barrels pencil out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.

That prc will be plenty large enough to smoke a barrel quick and run heavies ridiculously fast. The saum improved is only because it can be done not because it is a good option

I think a 308/260 Ai size case necked to 6 and 22 would be the jam. Or if the prc shoulder was bumped back shorter for a mag bf. All these guys in here wanting extreme velocity but an 18” barrel makes no sense to me. It’s like trying to run but you cut your feet off before the race.

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I think a 308/260 Ai size case necked to 6 and 22 would be the jam. Or if the prc shoulder was bumped back shorter for a mag bf. All these guys in here wanting extreme velocity but an 18” barrel makes no sense to me. It’s like trying to run but you cut your feet off before the race.
I think the idea is starting with a lot of horsepower allows you to run a short barrel, have significantly higher velocity than standard cartridges of like caliber in a light, handy (suppressed) package.

Jimbee

WKR
More shorter + more faster=more better

khuber84

WKR
Set a 22cm chamber about 0.090-0.100 deep and fireform 7 saw brass in it(may require neck turning). You'll have about 56gr capacity. Could use a 22cm die to size 90% the case and bump shoulder, use the new Cortina small base mandrel die to get the web area sized down. This is essentially a longer necked 22-243 improved with a 30° shoulder. I will be doing something like this in 6mm utilizing a deep set 6cm reamer and testing it out. I love fn around with stuff like this. Luckily my smith does too, so it don't cost me much!

Set a 22cm chamber about 0.090-0.100 deep and fireform 7 saw brass in it(may require neck turning). You'll have about 56gr capacity. Could use a 22cm die to size 90% the case and bump shoulder, use the new Cortina small base mandrel die to get the web area sized down. This is essentially a longer necked 22-243 improved with a 30° shoulder. I will be doing something like this in 6mm utilizing a deep set 6cm reamer and testing it out. I love fn around with stuff like this. Luckily my smith does too, so it don't cost me much!
Will have to keep an eye out for that

Im looking into doing the exact same build (22 prc) i contacted JGS and they sent me a reamer print for me to make changes. Im curious to the OP as im a mew member and cant pm yet, how much fb you run? Im thinking .120-.140” to run the 85.5 bergers.
Which reamer print did you use? VERY interesed in this but theres zero info! Looking forward to your replys