.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

KHNC

WKR
RSspecial.jpg

Got my new Tikka T3x Lite/10X SWFA/Omega30 RS special back from the gunsmith yesterday. Only took a couple day turnaround and 85.00 to cut barrel down to 16" and thread to 1/2-28. Man life is so much easier when you find a gunsmith that knows EXACTLY what he is doing and is not backed up for months too.

Bonus points if you know what the patch means.

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 661166

Got my new Tikka T3x Lite/10X SWFA/Omega30 RS special back from the gunsmith yesterday. Only took a couple day turnaround and 85.00 to cut barrel down to 16" and thread to 1/2-28. Man life is so much easier when you find a gunsmith that knows EXACTLY what he is doing and is not backed up for months too.

My man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 661166

You’re not blind but have memorized the entire Bible, I wish I could find a smith like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric1115

WKR
Have that thing outfitted with a can.

Literally a marked improvement over what you’ve already assembled.

Please, start the process and screw one on. It makes a difference!
Oh I'm all aboard on this train at this point. 😁

Selling a .308 and 7mm RM and some other stuff to fund a T3x .243, RS1.2, Rokstok build for myself, and hopefully two more cans for the family.

Slight buyer's remorse on the 6mm ARC kids' rifle (.223 probably would have been a better choice), but with a can I'm still really liking it. Probably will go to a 95 TMK for a little less recoil vs the 108s it shoots right now.

At this point, I'd say pretty confidently that I'll never own a braked rifle again. And I'll never give a pre-teen kid a rifle that uses more than 140 grains of bullet and powder combined. And I'll own fewer rifles in order to be able to suppress everything.

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
I just actually realized this thread has moose in the title. Has anyone actually killed a moose with .223? Too many pages to re-read. :ROFLMAO:

rcb2000

WKR
You guys really should warn people that newbies are not tolerated. It would save both of us valuable time. The fact that you can’t ask a question or make an observation if it is contained somewhere in your 300 pages is a pretty sad testament. I am discouraged, and no longer care to understand or absorb any more of this subject matter.
Did a bot write this?

Maverick1

WKR
Bullets matter.

Correct bullets (wound channel, depth of penetration, BC) delivered with high accuracy and high precision out of a robust delivery system with impact velocity adequate to deliver terminal performance with the highest hit rate and lowest recoil…

This entire thread is based on objectivity and efficiency and end results that matter.

Please, read the thread. Trust the process. Verify the process for yourself. Post your findings with pictures and necropsy results.

We’ll all learn!
I typed that it is small, that is all. This thread demonstrates it's ability.

Old Dog

FNG
The Tikka compact comes with a spacer so it can be a standard LOP rifle as well. And the compacts have a 20" barrel from the factory which is a handy length out of the box if folks don't intend to cut/thread.
Thanks for making that point. :)

I bought the compact for the 20 inch barrel. Already have the optional spacer installed so LOP is standard now.

JJ3

FNG
Pics added…we are really bad a taking pics as you can see. We also do gutless cleaning so very rarely do we inspect internal damage or hunt for bullets.
Some processing pics. In and out on small button at 90ish yd

Attachments

• 991F3FD3-121D-4A20-AA58-0AB5A9D15AB6.jpeg
    991F3FD3-121D-4A20-AA58-0AB5A9D15AB6.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 6F696AAB-D68A-4703-BAA9-E3E04F4498D0.jpeg
    6F696AAB-D68A-4703-BAA9-E3E04F4498D0.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 65