‘24 caribou hunt with Golden Eagle

joe22657

FNG
Just seeing if there’s any interest. We had a drop camp hunt planned the fall of ‘22 but with the closure we pushed it back to ‘24. The dates are September 4-11 2024 for 3 people. It looks like we aren’t going to be able to make it and looking to get our deposits back. I talked to Jared and he said we could transfer the deposit but not until we know if that unit will be opened backed up. The deposit was $1250 per person. If you have any questions I’ll pm you number and we can talk about it. Thanks

Sawtoothsteve

Lil-Rokslider
Just seeing if there’s any interest. We had a drop camp hunt planned the fall of ‘22 but with the closure we pushed it back to ‘24. The dates are September 4-11 2024 for 3 people. It looks like we aren’t going to be able to make it and looking to get our deposits back. I talked to Jared and he said we could transfer the deposit but not until we know if that unit will be opened backed up. The deposit was $1250 per person. If you have any questions I’ll pm you number and we can talk about it. Thanks
Still looking for a transferee?

OP
joe22657

joe22657

FNG
Yes, still looking. I did email Jared about the total price per person but haven’t heard back.

If sure is diffucult to get a hold of Jared. We are in the same boat, we gave him $6000 back before the closure and has refused to take hunters. Will be providing a review soon on here of our experience in dealing with Golden Eagle. Be Carefull!!!

Had a buddy fly with GE pretty impromptu twice this season and didn’t seem to have have a problem getting ahold of them on the telephone.

Regardless, NW Arctic BOG meetings are scheduled for the end of January. Proposal 38 submitted by the Northwest Arctic Regional Advisory Committee proposes closure of all NR caribou hunting in GMU 23. I wouldn’t expect it to pass, but after last spring, who knows what BOG will do. So transporters servicing GMU23 are even more in a sit and wait mode than before.

JaredJ

WKR
Just want to make sure you’re not trying to get a hold of me. I am Hared just not the GE Jared. Good luck

OP
joe22657

joe22657

FNG
He told me before he is busy flying for moose studies in the winter so I understand him not responding quickly. Any other time I have not had trouble getting a response.

We flew with Jared a few years ago. I did a write-up on our experience which is on here. He comes across as an a-hole over the phone but in person is a really good guy that does care about your success in the field. He is horrible at answering his phone and returning calls. Seems like there is another number on their website that gets you to his office where his nephew would take the calls at their hangar?

Bartledoo

FNG
I also have a trip scheduled for 2 people with GE this fall that is not going to work for us. PM me if you are serious for the details.