24+ Hour Drive Road Snacks?

CB4

WKR
What are some good suggestions for road snacks/drinks. Also any suggestions on things to keep you going at night with less sugar?

I try and still drink my 100oz of water during my day long drive west. Best way to combat altitude sickness is hydration.

My staples are sour gummy worms. BRCC can cold brew. Which are both loaded with sugar.

slick

WKR
Grab a little lunch pail. Could even be a super simple soft sided case. Throw an ice pack in the bottom (or frozen water bottle, etc.) cut up some cheese and meat and apples. Maybe throw a small salad kit (home made or pre-assembled bag) or a big ole sandwhich with fixings separated. I prefer to have some greens along to help keep it regular.

Couple other options- zippy of nuts (almonds, cashews, mixed), hard boiled eggs, avocado. Shoot a jar of PB and a spoon would work. Ex-gf was always toting around humus and carrots.
Just some suggestions.

My weakness on a long road trip is a redbull and gummy bears.

WCB

WKR
When I'm on long trips with my wife she usually packs a small cooler and makes sandwiches or wraps while I drive. We bring chips or crackers and cheese/meat.

When I'm by myself....beer nuts, Jerky, sour gummy worms, redbull basically the essentials.

ericF

WKR
Another vote for sunflower seeds. I keep a few different flavors of the Spitz under the seat and they will keep me awake unlike anything else. Another option is a big bag of Wintergreen mints. You can overdo it on the mints and burn your tongue eventually, but just having something in your mouth helps you focus.

dtrkyman

WKR
Jerky, little bit of cheese and definitely minimal sugar.

Fruit if you need a little sugar, Tea.

I always boil about a half dozen eggs, pack two bologna with mustard and mayonnaise sandwiches, throw in 3 or 4 peeled cucumbers. And some seasoned crackers.

Put it in a lunch cooler with a couple sodas for the caffeine and a jug of ice water. Keeps my gas stops shorter, no I needed bathroom stops, and saves a lot of money.

Just pack a Good mix of food that doesn’t instigate bathroom stops.

Just to be a little more spartan, and eat healthier while on the road, this summer with my 7 y/o we just did sandwiches out of the tailgate of the truck. Quick, easy, convenient.

I find caffeine will eventually make me tired, like if I pour caffeine on top of caffeine. But the sunflower seeds keep me going as long as the inside of my mouth doesn't get torn up.

I used to be able to take a nap after a couple cups of morning coffee while having a dip in my mouth. Sun seeds are the only thing that will keep me awake (besides pulling nose hairs.) I could spit em for that whole 24 hr drive. Commuted in the dark Alaska winter for 5 years and sun flower seeds were always reliable. I like the spitz and the wild dutchmen seeds. They both have very little salt and won't destroy your mouth.

Trial153

WKR
Fried potatoes, eggs and pickled hot peppers on good Italian bread or maybe a hard roll for breakfast.

Mortadella, Hot Suppressata, prosciutto and provolone, roasted pepper, shredded lettuce and a little bit of raw onions with a splash of oil and vinegar for a late lunch ….

Coffee, Swedish Fish , smoked almonds, and Diet Coke as snacks… A loaf of bread made with prosciutto and cheese.

Stop for dinner or do a drive through …