25% Sale at LS Wild, including Thunderbird Long Range Bags

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Scoped action armor is 4.5 ounces, adding rifle armor section puts it about 7 ounces.

The SSS bag is about 12 ounces.

@hereinaz is the triple s pillow an item that does a few things okay or is it actually really good for all things advertised? Been eyeing one for awhile now but definitely don’t need to buy another piece of gear to have it sit around and not got used. Thanks

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good question. See my answer below, but I will back it up with a guarantee. Buy it and try it. Send it back for a full refund if you think it was all gimmick.

I use it all the time. I always take it, usually just clipped to the outside of my pack. I think it’s great, of course, cause I made it to be as versatile as possible, without compromising. I know the feeling of buying something that seems to good to be true. I don’t want to be “that guy”.

Anyhow, see if you would use it like I do.

My butt doesn’t get sore, wet or cold when I sit on tailgates, rocks, stumps, wet grass, dirt, cold snow, etc. It’s not like a foam pad that just adds a layer of cushion over the rocks and stuff. It can shift to level out the surface and is thick enough to cushion over small rocks and sticks. It make a pointy rock into a cushioned seat.

I love getting my head more comfy to nap and sleep. Seriously, a nap in the shade of a pine tree with a pillow! There is “comfort” like cold milk and doughnuts. Then, there is comfort like a good nights sleep. This is the second kind. And, it super light.

Even if it didn’t do that, I would carry it to kill stuff. Stability matters. I have never had a perfect spot in the field to get comfortable to shoot. I almost always have the SSS incorporated into a field shooting position because I know the value of stability and relaxation to precision.

The SSS can get stuffed to fill spaces to give support for an elbow or knee. I have used it to get elevation under my chest when I was modified prone.

Mostly, in tripod field positions, I sit on it so I can relax my butt pain free. I have been stabbed by stickers and cactus needles way too many times. And, it gives my butt a little elevation off of flat ground which surprisingly makes a difference to my 50 year old body.

Here are some pics I took to try to help show. I glassed while sitting on this rock for several hours one morning. Just putting a flat cushion over it wouldn’t make it comfortable. The pillow effect is what makes it awesome to me.

504F3DC3-F17D-4938-B16E-8BAD5554C1F9.jpegB54E9394-BD1F-4470-9085-3356C1FD2EB7.jpeg9A3A0FF6-E3D0-4941-911B-C6EC72F2BAFC.jpeg34E4C498-D293-46BF-B521-C5075579DB40.jpeg3FE19F77-7D29-4F71-BC70-4DA6AD7CD839.jpeg

I bought one after inquiring, and just received it. It is very light weight and is a great size for many different things. I think the size and foldability make it very useable as a rifle rest in almost every application. Prone with bag on the ground or as a rear rest with bipod, shooting from almost any barrier, or even as an extra moldable layer when using your pack as a rest. I have always carried a z fold pad for sitting in the past, but I almost never take the time to dig it out of my pack unless the conditions really demand it. Replacing it with the SSS only cost a few ounces for something far more versatile, comfortable and accessible that I imagine I will use more often. I don’t typically carry a pillow, and wouldn’t purchase the SSS just for use as a pillow, but since I already have it, it will probably take the place of my balled up puffy. If you are going to carry a rifle rest, it might as well be the SSS that you can use for many different things. It appears to be very well made and I expect to use it often.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I bought one after inquiring, and just received it. It is very light weight and is a great size for many different things. I think the size and foldability make it very useable as a rifle rest in almost every application. Prone with bag on the ground or as a rear rest with bipod, shooting from almost any barrier, or even as an extra moldable layer when using your pack as a rest. I have always carried a z fold pad for sitting in the past, but I almost never take the time to dig it out of my pack unless the conditions really demand it. Replacing it with the SSS only cost a few ounces for something far more versatile, comfortable and accessible that I imagine I will use more often. I don’t typically carry a pillow, and wouldn’t purchase the SSS just for use as a pillow, but since I already have it, it will probably take the place of my balled up puffy. If you are going to carry a rifle rest, it might as well be the SSS that you can use for many different things. It appears to be very well made and I expect to use it often.
Thanks for the response!

We hope you enjoy it. You are right. One of the keys is making it is accessible so you don’t have to dig it out. Normally I don’t like things flopping off my pack, but I don’t notice it. When on the death hike portion of a hunt, I will stuff it inside to be streamlined.

I would be interested in one of the ELR bags. The measurement instructions seem to reference a picture with a ruler showing where to take the measurements but I am not seeing that.

Am I missing it somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would be interested in one of the ELR bags. The measurement instructions seem to reference a picture with a ruler showing where to take the measurements but I am not seeing that.

Am I missing it somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lemme find that picture. I will send it later.

The bag is 7 inches long. So, get your rifle in the position you would shoot, and then measure how high it would be at the buttstock side. Without moving the rifle, move the ruler forward 7 inches and measure how high the front of the bag would be.

Received my SSS Pillow last night. It is crazy light. Came in at 7oz on the dot. Well constructed. Obviously I haven’t put it to the test but I did some dry firing with it and my rear bag from LRO and I think the SSS is going to be a good addition. It worked great as a butt pad in the back yard and I think it will make a good pillow, especially with a puffy or mid layer set on top. I’ll report back when I have more time with it.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Received my SSS Pillow last night. It is crazy light. Came in at 7oz on the dot. Well constructed. Obviously I haven’t put it to the test but I did some dry firing with it and my rear bag from LRO and I think the SSS is going to be a good addition. It worked great as a butt pad in the back yard and I think it will make a good pillow, especially with a puffy or mid layer set on top. I’ll report back when I have more time with it.
Thanks! You now have at least two of the bags we make. I worked with LRO on the design and we have all the LRO bags.

Love the feedback.