2500 tires

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
I run Mickey Thompson Baja Boss' on my 2500. Made in the USA and I can usually get 55k out of them. Towing performance with my trailer fully loaded is unmatched.

I run the same tires on my Jeep Gladiator (35's) and should be able to get 60k out of them no problem.

Cole97

FNG
We have ran coopers and Mischelin and Mickey Thompson and nitto and a few others. Toyo has been good but I started running master raft cxt on f350 and by far best tire yet imo. I bought a new set waiting for these to wear out first.

Weldor

WKR
My 2018 megacab wore out the factory Firestones at 22K AZ. heat. Ended up with some General AT's, that's all I could get during the shut down. So far so good, half hwy other half dirt gravel. They still look new after 10k, so I'm hoping fingers crossed they last.

I had two sets of Cooper AT3 on an F150. First set was good, second set sucked. I'm currently running Cooper ST Maxx on a Tacoma. Mileage wise, less than 20k and still more than half tread. They'll need to be replaced due to age before mileage. The only downside is after 5 years the rubber hardens so much that they slide on barely wet pavement.

Have a '22 F250 with the stock Goodyears on it. 11,500 miles in and tread is more than half gone. 1/3 towing 10,000lbs, 1/3 city/hwy, 1/3 off road. Have been considering the Wildpeak next.

Will never again go with BGF. They didn't last 20k on an old 4runner which weighs next to nothing.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Getting a set of Falken wildpeaks delivered pretty soon to go onto my 17 F-350. Due to a family connection I’ll probably get Falkens till the connection is no longer working there. I will be paying attention to how long these last though due to recently moving into an area where I have to drive 15 miles on dirt roads in and out to the house.

TBarron

WKR
I don’t agree. I’m on my second set of Toyo tires, my first were MT’s (got a little over 55,000 miles out of them), and now I’m running RT’s, that I currently have over 60,000 miles. This is on a 3500 Dodge Cummins that weighs over 7,600 lbs. empty. I went ahead and studded them up last fall, hoping to just get through the winter, and then I purchased another set of new MT’s last year, in preparation for a change over this spring. Now, after seeing how much tread I still have left on these RT’s, I’m gonna go ahead and run them through the summer. If they last until October, I should have almost 70,000 on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only got about 30K out of my RTs on my ‘19 F250. Went with F rated Nitto Ridge Grapplers this time around and so far so good.

Has anyone tried the new BFG HD Terrain? New HD tire with aggressive tread designed for 3/4 ton work trucks.

Has anyone tried the new BFG HD Terrain? New HD tire with aggressive tread designed for 3/4 ton work trucks.
I just looked at it on the Tirerack website.
Personally, I wouldn't want a year-round tire with tread blocks that big and minimal siping but I can see how it would improve wear characteristics.

ahlgringo

WKR
Got 35k out of my Toyo MT 40’s on a 8k lb 3500. Mix of driving 1/3 off pavement, 1/3 city, 1/3 hwy. impressed and will be replacing with same.

BrentH

WKR
Curious how low (tread depth) guys are running tires before replacing? My Ridge Grapplers measured 8-9/32 at today’s rotation, and the guy made it sound like they are about done. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Extrapale

WKR
Curious how low (tread depth) guys are running tires before replacing? My Ridge Grapplers measured 8-9/32 at today’s rotation, and the guy made it sound like they are about done.
It depends on the time of year and what trips I have planned. I will run them to the wear bars if it's summer. Late fall or winter, and I will replace them sooner.

My last 2 sets are ST Maxx. My next set will be the same.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk