28 Nosler N570 load.

They seem to be a pretty sweet bullet. I've already developed a load and they're super accurate. 83gr. of N570 pushes the 169gr. at 3260 fps. Just need to kill some stuff with them now!
I've been trying to locate load data, and came across this thread. I picked up a sample pack of the hammer 169's and I have some barnes 168g lrx I want to try with n570.
I am using once fired nosler brass instead of adg or peterson. How far below 83g would you suggest starting to work up from? Also, what coal are you using? Really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

I've been trying to locate load data, and came across this thread. I picked up a sample pack of the hammer 169's and I have some barnes 168g lrx I want to try with n570.
I am using once fired nosler brass instead of adg or peterson. How far below 83g would you suggest starting to work up from? Also, what coal are you using? Really appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Hey!! I wouldn’t imagine you’d have to drop too much powder. Maybe start at 81gr? I’m not pushing the pressures much at 83gr. My COAL is 3.650 and a 1-8 twist barrel. I think they prefer to be a little further from the lands than right up near them. If the group isn’t a tight group, try just seating them a little deeper.

Hey!! I wouldn’t imagine you’d have to drop too much powder. Maybe start at 81gr? I’m not pushing the pressures much at 83gr. My COAL is 3.650 and a 1-8 twist barrel. I think they prefer to be a little further from the lands than right up near them. If the group isn’t a tight group, try just seating them a little deeper.
Thanks for the response! I am touching the lands with the 169 HH at a coal of 3.54 in my rifle. I usually start 10 thousandths off the lands. Do you think I should go more than that? I'm going to try to get some of these loaded to test out tomorrow.

Thanks for the response! I am touching the lands with the 169 HH at a coal of 3.54 in my rifle. I usually start 10 thousandths off the lands. Do you think I should go more than that? I'm going to try to get some of these loaded to test out tomorrow.
Yeah I’d go a little further. Maybe load to 3.50 and send it 🤙🏼🤙🏼

How’d the shooting go?!

Anyone found a max charge of N570 with the 195's in their rifle? I ran a ladder today topped out at 82.0gr, velocity was a little slow at 2970. Never saw any pressure, so was going to run another ladder, just curious where others found pressure, I hate having to pull bullets...

Was kinda strange, I did 0.5gr increments and from 80.5-82.0 I only increased velocity by 25 FPS over that 1.5 gr range, all 3 groups had 7.5 or less SD's. Looking like a pretty huge node in that range, was just wanting some higher velocity.

26" proof 1/8 twist
ADG brass
CCI 250's
3.730" COAL, .020" off lands.

Anyone found a max charge of N570 with the 195's in their rifle? I ran a ladder today topped out at 82.0gr, velocity was a little slow at 2970. Never saw any pressure, so was going to run another ladder, just curious where others found pressure, I hate having to pull bullets...

Was kinda strange, I did 0.5gr increments and from 80.5-82.0 I only increased velocity by 25 FPS over that 1.5 gr range, all 3 groups had 7.5 or less SD's. Looking like a pretty huge node in that range, was just wanting some higher velocity.

26" proof 1/8 twist
ADG brass
CCI 250's
3.730" COAL, .020" off lands.
I bet you probably have a slow batch of N570 like I got into after my initial development as well. Ended up at 84gr of N570 to reach 3050 after I got into a new batch. It seams to raise about 40FPS per grain of powder.

I recently switched to ADG brass after my Peterson brass hit 4x fired. Had too much pressure with my load of 82 gr 570. Backed it off .5 grain and shooting awesome groups with the 195 berg, but a bit slower. 2970 FPS

Back