3-5 night pack

I don't have any backpacking experience lol. You don't really have to get to involved with backpack hunting here in South Dakota, mostly just day hunting. But I'm looking to hunt the haul road in alaska in the next year or 2 and plan on walking in 5 miles to the rifle only corridor. Thanks for the input!
I’d recommend getting a modular frame like a KUIU or Exo so you can easily change bags later.

Take some practice trips. If you do your research and keep track of what you use, what you didn’t use, what worked well, and what didn’t, it doesn’t take long to get things straightened out. By used stuff off this forum, Elk Addicts Classifieds (FB), or Backpacking Flea Market (FB). Backpackers are constantly tweaking their setups and trying new gear so lightly used gear is easy to come by. You’re going to probably go through a couple iterations before finding what works best for you.

KBUM440

FNG
I just did a 3 day hike and fit everything but my sleeping bag and chair in my Kuiu LT 4000 pack. I figured it could be a very large daypack or could use it for up to a 3 day hunt.

Buy a ~7000ci bag and be done with it.
I have a Kifaru muskeg 7k and a dall and they fold basically flat with nothing in them and aren’t floppy if you fold them into themselves.

sure it’s nice if everything is packed perfect and tiny and shoe horned into a small pack. I hate meat shelves, meat in the bag in a sealine dry bag and be able to go go gadget the big bag to the size you need and done.