300 WM Berger 215gr Factory suggestions please

AZsniper

WKR
Just bought a Christensen Mesa in 300WM and am putting a Leupold CDS 6.5-20x50 on it. II will use this for black bear, Elk and deer in Northern Arizona. have read lots of great things about the 215 Berger bullets and plan on trying that first. I am very busy and do not have time to reload. I see that Berger sells the full ammo now, looks like Federal makes their premium with the 215 Berger bullet etc. Looking for input from people with experience with this bullet. Wondering which of these factory loads is most consistent. If my rifle doesn't like the 215 I will probably try the 185gr Berger or the 200gr ELDX. I would like to find one bullet and send in for the CDS dial.

Suggestion: use the Berger ammo. I’ve found it to be close to published velocities on the box with a 26” barrel but I’d chrono in your gun to be sure.

Saxt21

FNG
Second the Berger ammo. I bought a box to try out in my gun and it shot great. I’d definitely recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
My 300 win mag likes the 215 Berger’s .020 off the lands behind 77 grains of h1000.

For some reason I could not get any factory ammo to group better than 1 inch... including the hornady ELDs and HSM Berger loads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 300 WM likes the Berger factory ammo 215s. They aren’t cheap but I’m not putting a ton of rounds through it. Tried the hornady eld-x but my rifle didn’t shoot them as well.