300 WM Magazine help

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Does anyone know where I can get a 300 WM AICS in a flush fit 3 round magazine with a CIP length of 3.715? I’ve tried MDT and Midway and neither were correct. Thanks!

BBob

WKR
I don’t think that exists but since there are so many options out there I can’t say for sure. Unknown Munitions has their bottom metal and mag combo but they aren’t fully flush, they hang down a little. Hawkins has a close to flush but you also have to use their bottom metal and magazine as a combo. I may be mistaken but I don’t think they recommend their magazines for use with with belted mags. I believe they will work but they say it’s not optimal and better for newer cartridges like the PRC.

OP
JJ1179

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Bummer. That’s what I was afraid of. I appreciate your advice.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Few things to add to this to help clarify.
1. There are different lengths of AICS magazines for long actions. 3.56 - 3.715 - 3.775 - 3.850 You always need to make sure you order the correct magazine length for your magwel dimension. CIP is a common name for the 3.850 length and only that length. So if you need 3.715 length magazines you do NOT want to buy anything that states CIP.
2. for any system that uses AICS magazines, you will NOT find a flush fit long action. Unless someone makes a 2 round capacity, or the magwell design is very deep like a competition chassis. That is because they are single-stack magazines. so they just can not get that compact for a 3 round magazine. Whereas the short action magazines are a double stack design, allowing this on AICS magazines. The unknown and Hawkins magazines that are flush are NOT ACIS and they achieve this by making them double stack or more staggered than a true single stack.

We have tried getting companies to make a 2-round capacity long action magazine just to see how it would fit and function and what weight savings there would be, but no luck yet.

OP
JJ1179

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like I either change to a Hawkins or Unknown system or just deal with a 5 round mag that hangs down.