300 wsm brass

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
I know this has been discussed but I’m simply wanting to know what brand of brass people are using in 300 wsm & why.

As an added bonus question, I’m having a 300 wsm throated for 215’s built. What die set is everyone using in a reasonable price range? I love my Forster set but is there a better option to get every bit of accuracy out of my new build when I get it?

Thanks all!😎

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using mostly Hornady because that is what has been most readily available and is most affordable. I picked up some Winchester brass that I will throw into the rotation once I determine how it acts with the load I worked up with the Hornady brass.

I have a pile of once fired Winchester and federal premium brass I need to sell. Cheap. How’s $.25 each plus shipping?

OP
F

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll keep that offer in mind for when I decide which way I’m gonna go with brass

norma and nosler.

Your forster dies are fine, if they are not bushing dies you can get the neck in the sizing die honed for cheap to avoid over working the brass.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
Nosler is the best I've used, followed by winny, then federal. I've not used norma for the wsm, but I bet it's up there with nosler.

tdot

WKR
I'm just going down this path as well. My brother chose the rifle and will buy all the components, I'm just reloading for him. My research over the last month or so has led me to Norma arguably being the most consistent. The older Winchester sounds like it was probably the strongest brass overall, but the newer stuff sounds suspect (too many polar opposite reports). Federal is also consistent, but consistently poor.

I keep hearing stories that the Nosler brass is made by Norma. But again, reports are inconsistent.

RWS reportedly was the best of the best, but they dont make it anymore. However Norma is somehow related to them, and reportedly lots of their brass is made at the same factory.

I'm still surprised that there isnt more options for 300wsm. I thought it was more of a popular cartridge.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone check to see if ADG plans to make 300 WSM brass in the future? I’ve owned both Redding Master Die Sets and Forster Micro Seater / Full Length Sizer. Both are good dies, but I’ve recently boughten only Forster dies. I feel they are just a little better then the Redding dies.

fatbacks

WKR
Anyone check to see if ADG plans to make 300 WSM brass in the future? I’ve owned both Redding Master Die Sets and Forster Micro Seater / Full Length Sizer. Both are good dies, but I’ve recently boughten only Forster dies. I feel they are just a little better then the Redding dies.

I emailed ADG some time ago and they said they had no plans for 300 WSM brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpete

FNG
I bought Federal brass, but soon discovered that no matter what load I tried it showed pressure signs. I called the folks that built my rifle and they said it was a brass issue and to try another brand such as Norma or Nosler.
I bought the Norma and the problems went away.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed ADG some time ago and they said they had no plans for 300 WSM brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sent them a Facebook Message yesterday and this is what I got:
“It’s under consideration, but we do not have a definitive plan or time line for it yet.”
Time will tell.

Bsnyder

WKR
I’m running Bertram brass in mine it’s holding up well I couldn’t use federal gold medal 215 primers unless you chamfered out the primer pocket I called their customer service and was told they would send me new brass so I didn’t have to change primers that never happened so I just use cci other than that it’s ok I think I like Norma better

Tbuckus

WKR
When I had a 300wsm I used Winchester brass without issues. I do feel Nosler is better brass if you want to pay more for it.

someone already offered, but I have once fired and some new Winchester brass that I’m going to sell along with Lee dies and necksizer.