300wsm w/ 168 ABLR

MThuntr

WKR
I have heard enough complaints about these making a mess of animals at closer ranges that I won't be using them anytime soon. But I hear they work well at slower velocities so at range they should work just fine. That is always a line someone has to walk when thinking bullet construction but dead is dead it can't be that bad. My personal preference would be bump up to 180 Accubonds since the velocities are pretty close and the BCs aren't too different.

That being said I tend to prefer H4350 for my 300WSM however RL16 shows promise as it has a similar burn rate.

OP
E

Evergreen

WKR
I'm just starting out reloading and have both those powders I can play with. I've been using the 180s in factory ammo bit was thinking I could get flatter trajectory with the 168's. Thanks for.the reply mthntr!!

MThuntr

WKR
I'm just starting out reloading and have both those powders I can play with. I've been using the 180s in factory ammo bit was thinking I could get flatter trajectory with the 168's. Thanks for.the reply mthntr!!

To be honest you likely wont notice any difference in trajectory in 90% of your shots.

wgood

FNG
I get great results with the 180 AB. Shot two elk, one at just under 400 and a spike at maybe 50-60 yards. The close one had a fair amount of bloodshot meat, but he was quartering away and I hit right in front of his hip and exited right behind the shoulder. The whitetail I hit was perfect through the lungs and he went maybe 30 yards and piled up. Was shooting 180 Hornady SST and was disappointed with them. The accubonds shoot just as good as the SST's out of my Tikka but also hold together much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get great results with the 180 AB. Shot two elk, one at just under 400 and a spike at maybe 50-60 yards. The close one had a fair amount of bloodshot meat, but he was quartering away and I hit right in front of his hip and exited right behind the shoulder. The whitetail I hit was perfect through the lungs and he went maybe 30 yards and piled up. Was shooting 180 Hornady SST and was disappointed with them. The accubonds shoot just as good as the SST's out of my Tikka but also hold together much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are these the traditional accubonds or Accubond long range?