Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
But, you aren’t going to twist my words because you are incapable of reading comprehension.
Somebody has a pathologic need to control others. I'll let you in on a secret, son, people are going to do what they want to do.

Life is better if you deal with the topic at hand, rather than admitting incompetence be resorting to personal insults.

Mr. Gump out.

Am i a Kifaru fanboy if i sleep with my pack on ? Wear it in the shower or on while driving ? Or at church tomorrow ?lol . Yes, over the past couple years there has been substantial increase in competition. Which is great for the customer . According to current marketing and RS i am supposed to buy the Exo k-4 from what i gather . Hopefully competition will force companies to build a better product and better quality. Buy what you like and enjoy it.

Reekus

FNG
I liked that their products were always represented by killers not just guys that hunt. They would tell you why something was designed that way, not just read line by line off a spec sheet. Their marketing was always very blue collar.
I don’t know what their strategy is now but the other day they had an ad on instagram playing the song “you proof”…… no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was kifaru ever truly popular with SOF guys? Not really, no. Not ever to a degree beyond onesies twosies at best.

KurtR

WKR
Bought the reckoning when it came out it will be the last pack I ever buy. Aron answered the phone while on the deer stand answered questions and just bullshited he reminds me of friends I have maybe it’s the working in construction connection. He worked his way into the deal so good for him. The ppp is a non starter if you owned a business and didn’t take it your a fool just good business.

If they start making dog training stuff then I might buy something again. I do use the frame to pack wingers around in places I can’t drive. I might be the only person in America to do that with their Kifaru

I invested in a fulcrum pack and frame when I got into western hunting. It’s been a great, durable, versatile, comfortable pack. When I had a minor issue (slightly torn tap handle from moving it with an elk quarter inside) they fixed it ASAP. My only gripe that I’m a little in between their small and medium belt size. I’ve tried both.

That said it is heavy for what it is. No way around it. I could probably cut at least 3 lbs if I went with a different brand.

Would it be as comfortable as Kifaru? Carry as well? I don’t know. Probably not, but that’s hard to quantify.

Packs are one of the most subjective, personal items in the hunting space. What works great for one guy might suck for someone else.

But what isn’t subjective is that Kifaru packs are heavy for what they are. No way around it. I’ve thought about trying something else, but so far I haven’t felt it’s worth my time, money or effort.

But given that, as well as their premium price, I can see why they are losing market share.

Speaking of price, I’d really like one of their woobies, but sorry I’m not spending $200 on a synthetic down blanket when my surplus one works ok at $20. That sorta pricing and business model can only last so long.

CorbLand

WKR
Bought the reckoning when it came out it will be the last pack I ever buy. Aron answered the phone while on the deer stand answered questions and just bullshited he reminds me of friends I have maybe it’s the working in construction connection. He worked his way into the deal so good for him. The ppp is a non starter if you owned a business and didn’t take it your a fool just good business.

If they start making dog training stuff then I might buy something again. I do use the frame to pack wingers around in places I can’t drive. I might be the only person in America to do that with their Kifaru
F1C3C14F-8C38-48EA-962A-A7B9A34E20EE.jpeg
I would guess I am the only person to have packed a swan out in their MR.

gabenzeke

WKR
Losing frank seemed problematic. The rumor mill around it and lack of addressing it didn't help. I've got a SG and never really intended to switch, but from the outside looking in it seemed like stuff went downhill around that time. That's not to say frank was holding things together, just that there must have been some decisions made around that point in time that turned some people off on the brand.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
1. Made in the USA
2. Makes solid products that last
3. Votes to the right
4. Strongly supports the hunting community

That sounds incredibly appealing IMO. In regards to the rising cost of their products, that isn't unique to Kifaru.

Yup.

Carried another deer out yesterday. Something to be said for gear you know you can rely on. I just don't have the time, patience, or money to shop around for something to replace a rock solid piece of equipment.

nphunter

WKR
IMO they haven't built a good bag since the Timberline series. I love their frame but disliked every bag I bought from them and ended up selling all of them and going to an Exo bag on my Kifaru frame. Their bags are also heavy partly due to a ton of extra webbing. To be fair I haven't bought or seen a Kifaru bag in about 5 years now so the newer ones might be great. After buying 3 I didn't want to dump any more money on them and have been super happy with the Exo bag.

DWinVA

WKR
1. Made in the USA
2. Makes solid products that lasts
3. Votes to the right
4. Strongly supports the hunting community

That sounds incredibly appealing IMO. In regards to the rising cost of their products, that isn't unique to Kifaru.

Yep.

My Kifaru items worked great getting a black bear out of the VA Mtns over the weekend.

IMG_9712.jpeg

God Bless.

Mb2017

FNG
I get paying for quality, but it’s unreasonable and cruel at a certain point