35 Whelen build Part 2- Update and barrel questions

OP
C
I got 180s because it was what I could find in stock at the time. I think 200TTSX and 222 hammers should be about the perfect length to fill the magazine but not intrude into the powder column. I'll probably wait to see what Hammer puts out for a tipped bullet before I buy anything else.
The one thing I don't care for in Hammer bullets is the "run them hot" concept. It's just me I'm sure, but the downside of that comes with wear and tear on the weapon and wear and tear on the body. Lot's more recoil because these things need to be flung down range at hyper speeds. That's just my opinion, but I have moved away from them for that reason.

Leaf Litter

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I look at hammers like any other bullet; load them to pressure then back off a bit for safety and accuracy. Run the ballistics and put a hard cap on hunting range to where you know the bullet will expand.

My interest in the tipped hammers is because they have (allegedly) better bc and lower minimum expansion velocity than the normal hammers, but we'll see what the product is if/when they offer a tipped version in 358. For now I'm more than happy sending the 180 TTSX downrange @ 3100 fps for whitetails. No pressure, great accuracy and minimal recoil. I also like Barnes for reduced bloodshot in meat, it really bothers me throwing meat away when a bullet absolutely detonates.

I guess I look at hammers like any other bullet; load them to pressure then back off a bit for safety and accuracy. Run the ballistics and put a hard cap on hunting range to where you know the bullet will expand.

My interest in the tipped hammers is because they have (allegedly) better bc and lower minimum expansion velocity than the normal hammers, but we'll see what the product is if/when they offer a tipped version in 358. For now I'm more than happy sending the 180 TTSX downrange @ 3100 fps for whitetails. No pressure, great accuracy and minimal recoil. I also like Barnes for reduced bloodshot in meat, it really bothers me throwing meat away when a bullet absolutely detonates.
What powder you using with the 180s? I get 2800 with 200ttsx and h4895. 3100 sounds like fun