350 legend

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a 350 legend AR "pistol" a couple weeks ago, ballistics look good for what it is. Anyone ever shot an elk with it? I planned on using it with iron sights as a brush/under the seat in the pick up gun. Ive seen plenty of videos of deer being shot with it but am wondering about elk under 200 yards. If you have experience with it which bullet/factory ammo worked for you, Ive bought a plethera of factory ammo atleast what I could find to be available.

jmez

WKR
Shot a couple deer with it, not sure I'd consider it an elk rifle. I'd keep it under 100 yards for sure.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Not going to get many answers on this one the cartridge has only been on the market for a year or so.

TheGDog

WKR
From looking at the specs...looks like this cartridge is just a .30-30 remade into a straight-walled cartridge for those poor folks living in places with weird rules about that their rifles they can use to hunt deer with must have striaght walled catridges and no taller than something-er-other OAL length. That sound about right?

Some guys here use them for whitetail hunting because we are only allowed shotguns and straight wall cartridges. Most prefer the 450 bushmaster tho and we can’t use an ar platform so I’m not sure how accuracy would be but the recoil isn’t bad in a rifle platform.

Rich M

WKR
They've got 170 and maybe 180 gr bullets, if you can't kill an elk with those....

Check velocity for acceptable ranges.

TheGDog

WKR
Some guys here use them for whitetail hunting because we are only allowed shotguns and straight wall cartridges. Most prefer the 450 bushmaster tho and we can’t use an ar platform so I’m not sure how accuracy would be but the recoil isn’t bad in a rifle platform.
Where are you at that you can't use an AR to hunt with? Just asking cause I'm in stupid CA and we can use them here. Just have to go stupid feature-less is all.

Afhunter1

WKR
Correct, no semi period. You could use a semi shotgun I believe. We just got to use semis for small game/ predators like 2 years ago. PA is way behind the times. Sunday hunting finally passed last year so we get a few sundays to hunt now too. Ha ha.

TheGDog

WKR
What? Are you saying they denied you your right to your public lands if it was a Sunday? That's as assinine as those "Dry County" rules they have up in some of those places for Sundays. I remember I was like in Ohio whatever year that was with the Patriots won their first Super Bowl in a long time. Was there to help with family matters concerning my aging GrandPa. So, far from home and bored, (and bleeping freezing!) since a SuperBowl was gonna come on I offered to buy drinks supplies for the game if someone would drive. Then they told me they don't sell Alcohol there on Sundays. And I'm like What? Are you Serious? I was dumb-struck that some place in the US would let a religious group dictate when you can and can't exercise your right to free-trade and commerce.

Afhunter1

WKR
It isn't just public land, I can't hunt Sundays on my own land. Also yes we have "dry townships" where you cannot buy alcohol at all 7 days a week.

You can only buy liquor from a "State Store." There are no liquor stores in PA that are privately owned. You can buy 6 packs at a bar but anything over that you have to buy at a beer distributor. You can't go to walmart, the grocery store, or a gas station and buy a case of beer in PA. It's crazy but I have seen a trend that seems to be changing here finally.