458 SOCOM load data

So I've only gotten a chance to load up Hornady 325 FTX using H110. Has anyone else had good loads with other powders and/or bullets? I picked up some 140 grain ARX to try as well but not much data available for them. Curious to see what everyone else is using?

Curious what you plan to use the loads on. I have a 458 SOCOM I just finished putting together and am about to start reloading for. My primary use for it will be pig hunting and very little recreational shooting (just for the fun factor).

I’ve had good success with 300 grain Barnes TTSX. Sorry, no load data handy, but 1” accuracy at 100 yards, and devestating effects on hogs.

OP
O
Just ordered some 400 & 500 grain Makers bullets to play with, will update once I get a chance to try them out. I've started using some Lil Gun powder and like it better than the H110. Next I'm gonna try some AC1680 powder as well. Just finished a second build in this caliber so I'll be able to compare between both guns

OP
O
Hopefully in another 9-10 months lol. In the mean time no. A good friend of mine has the Hybrid 46 same as I have paperwork started on so I can meet up with to use it for load development

That's what I went with as well (hybrid 46).
I finally got it out of NFA jail, but haven't tried any subs through it yet.

rharbaugh

WKR
Just ordered some 400 & 500 grain Makers bullets to play with, will update once I get a chance to try them out. I've started using some Lil Gun powder and like it better than the H110. Next I'm gonna try some AC1680 powder as well. Just finished a second build in this caliber so I'll be able to compare between both guns
Bumping this one from the grave.
@orelkaddict What kind of accuracy are you getting with your 500gr Makers bullets? Any recommendations on barrel twist rates?

OP
O
Accuracy was good with them, I struggled to do my part most days so I averaged 1.5-2.0 inches. I never shoot mine much past 150 yards so it was good enough to hunt with for me. My problem was availability so I wound up just sticking with the Hornady 325 FTX.

rharbaugh

WKR
Accuracy was good with them, I struggled to do my part most days so I averaged 1.5-2.0 inches. I never shoot mine much past 150 yards so it was good enough to hunt with for me. My problem was availability so I wound up just sticking with the Hornady 325 FTX.
Gotcha. Hunting in Nebraska requires "at least 900 foot-pounds of energy at 100 yards", so I would have to shoot 450+gr bullets to meet that shooting subsonic.

OP
O
Oh that makes sense!! I don't have any restrictions here in Oregon so I chose a projectile I could get locally. I'm not shooting subs out of mine either so it's a little easier to work out a load