4mm Components / Not Deep Six

Apapro

FNG
Hey Guys looking for some recomendations for 4mm shaft components. I have some high performance penetration testing coming up in the spring once it warms up! Looking for inserts and collars for 4mm shafts. Not looking for the deep six components or half outs.

I need an insert and collar system to withstand the punishment. I already have an outsert system, but would like to use an insert / collar system also.

Any recommendations? I know about Ethics archery and Day Six components are there any others im missing?

Thanks for the assistance!

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider
Nexxus has a system like day six. Aluminum or titanium.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Any true threaded insert will be D-6 for 6-40 threads to fit a 4mm Micro shaft. Regular threaded components are 8-32 and do not fit in a 4mm micro shaft, at least not with room to allow for a threaded insert to be glued in.

I use the Easton D-6 stainless steel insert for reinforcement in my Easton Carbon Injexion 4mm shafts. The Firenock outsert takes the broadhead or field point with std threads. Tough system with no failures in animals.

OP
Apapro

Apapro

FNG
Haven't really seen the Valkyrie (hands on) can you use conventional Broadheads with their collars or are you committed to their pin system?

TheViking

WKR
Nexxus has a system like day six. Aluminum or titanium.

I just bought a dozen of these - 300 spine with the 75 grain titanium outserts.

Nice to see a better material being used than aluminum that’s still fairly lightweight.

I haven’t built these yet, just played around with them so far. Just ordered a new bow, so I’ll wait until I get that bad boy before I build these.

They look promising...

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a dozen of these - 300 spine with the 75 grain titanium outserts.

Nice to see a better material being used than aluminum that’s still fairly lightweight.

I haven’t built these yet, just played around with them so far. Just ordered a new bow, so I’ll wait until I get that bad boy before I build these.

They look promising...
I also bought some 300 shafts with the titanium 75 grain outserts, but haven't had the time to build them up yet. Like you I have high hopes.

Zac

WKR
Haven't really seen the Valkyrie (hands on) can you use conventional Broadheads with their collars or are you committed to their pin system?
You have to use the center pin system. I know this is kind of a pain, yet it is also the most durable arrow delivery system on the market. Brent is the only one that has basically figured out a HIT type of system that works for micros that does not utilize the more fragile Deep 6 system. He is also now offering a mechanical so you are not stuck with small cutting diameter 3 blades.

cured_ham

WKR
I would say Valkyrie Centerpin (which looks phenomenal) or the Ethics Outsert+Sleeve system

ZDR

WKR
I use ethics! Work great. I’ve never had to sand anything.

my current setup is a long aluminum insert with steel collar. Very tough.
Ethics has worked well for me...in particular, I really like their nock bushings. Much better than the BE bushings.

Reactions: Zac

TheViking

WKR
The only issue with outserts is the extra leverage it puts on the end of the arrow. Deep Six isn’t a bad system if you use quality components. Mainly the Iron Will stuff.

Here’s a picture I took today. I’m in the middle of trying to figure out my next arrow build. I have some 204s with HITs, I have some micros with outserts and I have micros with deep six.

Here’s the comparison between an Iron Will deep Six system and Ethics Outserts.

The base of the Broadhead will sit out father by about an inch on the ethics compared to the IW system.

Shown is a 100g IW d6 head, 75g HIT and 25g collar

The ethics is a steel post with an aluminum collar.

This steel post would also get cut down a lot of make it the same weight as the IW HIT.

Valkyrie system is based on having a long inside post, making it stronger. I feel the same, the longer the inside post is, the stronger the whole system is.

I’m not going to go test these, but I’d be willing to bet the IW d6 system is stronger then the Ethics when you start cutting the post down to match weight.

c0d110e5876488f89ba7d1049ef17c16.jpg

Zac

WKR
The only issue with outserts is the extra leverage it puts on the end of the arrow. Deep Six isn’t a bad system if you use quality components. Mainly the Iron Will stuff.

Here’s a picture I took today. I’m in the middle of trying to figure out my next arrow build. I have some 204s with HITs, I have some micros with outserts and I have micros with deep six.

Here’s the comparison between an Iron Will deep Six system and Ethics Outserts.

The base of the Broadhead will sit out father by about an inch on the ethics compared to the IW system.

Shown is a 100g IW d6 head, 75g HIT and 25g collar

The ethics is a steel post with an aluminum collar.

This steel post would also get cut down a lot of make it the same weight as the IW HIT.

Valkyrie system is based on having a long inside post, making it stronger. I feel the same, the longer the inside post is, the stronger the whole system is.

I’m not going to go test these, but I’d be willing to bet the IW d6 system is stronger then the Ethics when you start cutting the post down to match weight.

c0d110e5876488f89ba7d1049ef17c16.jpg
That's really interesting, you could be right. In the past when Bill has talked about failures he referenced the D6 Ferrules being the weak point. I believe he said the only failures he has seen have been D6 Ferrules bending.

Zac

WKR
I believe you’re correct.

Not sure if that was with or without a collar on them.
In reality I do not think they were true failures. I think the arrows had passed through animals and hit rocks. They were returned for warranty issues.

Bcreek86

FNG
Any true threaded insert will be D-6 for 6-40 threads to fit a 4mm Micro shaft. Regular threaded components are 8-32 and do not fit in a 4mm micro shaft, at least not with room to allow for a threaded insert to be glued in.

I use the Easton D-6 stainless steel insert for reinforcement in my Easton Carbon Injexion 4mm shafts. The Firenock outsert takes the broadhead or field point with std threads. Tough system with no failures in animals.
Exact setup I use! With qad exodus heads and they are tough! It’s packs a serious punch!

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When using our Impact Collars and high Strength HIT inserts, I haven't seen any problems with the Deep Six system. High Strength Ferrules, HITs, and Collars make this system pretty robust. Without the collar reinforcing the end of the arrow, Deep Six threads can be bent on a really hard side impact. We've had this happen a couple of times, but it was from rock impacts.

Zac

WKR
When using our Impact Collars and high Strength HIT inserts, I haven't seen any problems with the Deep Six system. High Strength Ferrules, HITs, and Collars make this system pretty robust. Without the collar reinforcing the end of the arrow, Deep Six threads can be bent on a really hard side impact. We've had this happen a couple of times, but it was from rock impacts.
What do you suppose the failure rate is with 5mm Axis shafts with HIT's and no collar? I'm assuming a shorter fixed blade like yours doesn't experience much resistance on hard quartering shots, vs something with a longer lever arm.