.50 cal Knight LK-II Muzzleloader

pingpong7

FNG
Hey Everyone,

Im in Idaho, lots of regs on muzzys. what do you all recommend who have experience with the Knight LK-II for bullet type, weight, and powder amount? Im looking to head to the range in a few days and will test a few different options out. I am hoping some of you with this same gun can give me some pointers on what combinations have grouped well for you!

I will be using for an elk hunt.

Hey Everyone,

Im in Idaho, lots of regs on muzzys. what do you all recommend who have experience with the Knight LK-II for bullet type, weight, and powder amount?
The LK is a very good old standby. It really should shoot very well for you. And you are correct about the old time tight ML rules that we have here in Idaho. The traditional ML hunters have a very strong lobby on the Idaho Fish and game.

Personally I use a lead Bull Shop bullet. A .503x400 grain LGP that Bullshop dan builds at his place in Montana. I shoot it with 90 grains of T7 but I am using a Knight bolt rifle. For you using a percussion gun I would suggest 80 grains by volume of powder. I also use a MMP sub-base under the bullet and on top of the powder. These are Idaho legal as a wad since they do not attack to the bullet

This is the bullet recovered from an elk shot at about 160 yards. You can see the impression left by the sub-bridge on the bottom of the bullet.

Bullshop-503x400-LGP.jpg

This is a pic of the 50 cal. sub-base

MMP_Sub_Base.jpg

Im looking to head to the range in a few days and will test a few different options out. I am hoping some of you with this same gun can give me some pointers on what combinations have grouped well for you!

I will be using for an elk hunt.

Hey! good luck on your hunting trip.