52 cal Knight Muzzleloader

BV52

FNG
Anyone out there have experience with a 52 cal Muzzleloader from Knight? Thinking about purchasing a Knight Disc Extreme 52 Cal, but looking for confirmation that I’ll be able to find bullets/sabots. I know I can buy them directly from Knight, but a little concerned about a single source of components. Any input from 52cal owners is appreciated! Thanks!

I expect 50 cal is the better choice.

54 is meaningful with a round ball. A 50 round ball is ~175 grains and a 54 is ~225. That’s a significant difference. 52 is just a small step up.

But when shooting conicals a 50 can shoot 400+ grains if one desires.
And if shooting sabots the bullets are often 45 cal. And the thickness of the sabot is what changes.

GoatPackr

WKR
I live in Washington so the 209 primers were not legal at that time. I called Knight and they traded me for the Western system. Basically it's a breach plug that uses a musket cap.
Recently the 209 primers became legal so I purchased a new design breach plug that uses the 209 without the stupid little plastic disc.

Knight custom service is great to work with.

Kris

When buying a muzzleloader stainless barrels are preferred. They are a little less prone to corrosion.
If you buy used make sure to inspect the bore carefully. If it’s been fired and not cleaned soon after they will commonly be corroded.
Corrosion around the breach where the cap goes off is common if used much.

OP
B

BV52

FNG
When buying a muzzleloader stainless barrels are preferred. They are a little less prone to corrosion.
If you buy used make sure to inspect the bore carefully. If it’s been fired and not cleaned soon after they will commonly be corroded.
Corrosion around the breach where the cap goes off is common if used much.
Thanks for the advice. I don’t know if I’d trust an online sale. I keep watching for something local to pop up.