57 year old recurve

oldgoat

WKR
If it shoots once without breaking, it will probably shoot thousands of times without breaking! Just don't use a Fast Flight string on it! I deer hunted with a 45ish year old bow this year!

sure you can what a great piece to learn on. Learn how to shoot correctly from the get go. get a coach or an online course if you dont have access to a legit place. trad is so addicting and fun. wont be long and you'll have 5-6 bows in your stable

oh something to do. Go to as many big shoots as you can and put your hands on as many bows as you can. most of us will let you shoot it if you explain that your new and what your doing. shoot as many bows as you can then narrow down what you want for a custom or two or three ........ it just kkeps going

Gun

FNG
I would string it and just flex it a few times a day for a day or two before I shot it. Sounds like its in pretty fair shape tho. Weight is plenty for deer. I shot thru 2 deer this year w 40#. Hit opposite shoulder on the third but busted it up pretty good. She only went 40 yds.

OP
Kularrow

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve read a Dacron B55 Flemish Twist string helps for older recurves. Any truth to this?

It’s a pretty cool looking bow, but I’ll be the dissenter here…

I personally wouldn’t spend $100 on an old beat up bow for my first when I can spend maybe $50 more and get a brand new entry bow that will blow the pants off that one.

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
It’s a pretty cool looking bow, but I’ll be the dissenter here…

I personally wouldn’t spend $100 on an old beat up bow for my first when I can spend maybe $50 more and get a brand new entry bow that will blow the pants off that one.
I'll take the American made 50 YO bow over the brand new Chinese import every day of the week and twice on Sundays, but that's just my opinion.
DSCN3496.jpg

beartrip095.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

B04D2987-3F5F-4267-81BB-14502C02A42B.jpg