6.5 PRC Nevada Bull

OP
B
No it’s not a great example. This is one of those “don’t try this at home folks” situations. Sounds like expert level shooter who practices a ton, not applicable to someone new to the long range game. Maybe after years of shooting and thousands of rounds down range, multiple burned out barrels… you might consider taking a shot that would stretch the capabilities of the 6.5CM let alone the PRC.

Sorry not to be preachy and not meant to be personal…just getting my .2c in before the dumpster fire starts here.

to the OP, incredible shooting.
Nothing personal about the above comments. But I would never claim to be an expert level shooter nor would I call this shit house luck. It has taken a lot of barrels and shots in the mountains to become comfortable at these ranges. Like I said in an earlier post no wind is also a huge factor along with being super adapt to using a tripod to shoot from.

No it’s not a great example. This is one of those “don’t try this at home folks” situations. Sounds like expert level shooter who practices a ton, not applicable to someone new to the long range game. Maybe after years of shooting and thousands of rounds down range, multiple burned out barrels… you might consider taking a shot that would stretch the capabilities of the 6.5CM let alone the PRC.

Sorry not to be preachy and not meant to be personal…just getting my .2c in before the dumpster fire starts here.

to the OP, incredible shooting.

I completely agree with you. Personally I wouldn't ever shoot a big game animal that far away, I was more pointing out how capable the cartridge is especially in the hands of an experienced shooter.

Good shooting OP.

Nice bull and nice shot from that distance!

I have a Tikka 6.5 prc with a 24" proof barrel and that gun shoots great, all bullets touching at 100 yards and so far under moa out to 1000 yards, which is as far as I've shot. Wind is the tricky variable for me, with the Strelok app I can dial elevation exact but just have to judge the wind. Without wind, I'm comfortable to 800 yards or so, 1085 is some fine shooting, congratulations, I'd be proud of that shot and harvest.