Sold 6.5 SAUM Mesa Kampfeld Custom, Lone Peak Razor Ti, Proof, Manners, Huber, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This is a very nice Mesa Precision / Kampfeld custom in 6.5 SAUM or 6.5 GAP 4S, whichever you prefer. The barreled action was assembled by John Hakes at Mesa Precision. The components include:
  • Lone Peak Razor Ti short action receiver, fluted bolt, extended bolt handle
  • Proof Sendero Light barrel, 1:8 twist, 23-1/4” length, 25-1/4” with brake, .098” freebore chamber
  • 4-port timed side discharge muzzle brake
  • Huber 2-stage trigger, set at 2.0 lbs. pull weight.
The barreled action was sent to Karl Kampfeld where he did the following:
  • Pillar-bedded the action to a Manners MCS-SL Elite carbon stock in midnight camo, two front sling studs, 1” Decelerator pad.
  • Installed Hawkins BDL bottom metal and a Wyatt’s extended center feed magazine. 1+2
  • Cerakoted all silver parts.
LOP = 13.5”. The bare rifle weighs just 6 lb, 5.3 oz. The Huber trigger is fantastic. I really hate to see it go. I never thought I would like a 2-stage trigger, but it’s amazing. The rifle shoots 1/2 MOA as seen in the targets, but can do much better with a more skilled operator. The Talley 30mm medium height rings go with the rifle. Approx. 60 rounds down the tube.

Also included is ammo, brass and dies. I have the following:
  • 27 rounds Cooper Creek 140gr Berger Hybrid (same lot)
  • 8 rounds 140-gr SST handoads you can use for sighting in
  • RCBS dies (If I remember the brand correctly)
  • Approx 30 rounds of 1X or 2X Hornady brass
The dies and brass will follow shipment of the rifle by approx. a month. I have to drive over to Alabama and pick them up at my buddy’s place.

The only reason I’m selling it is I just bought a Cooper .264 Win Mag which makes the 6.5 SAUM somewhat of a duplicate caliber in performance. Plus I just bought an Apex 7mag from Elkbelter. Toy-for-toy. This is an awesome custom rifle. It’s in near perfect condition. There is a little cerakote wear at the brake crown. And just a hint of wear at the trigger guard. Very small shiny spots, and really too small to see. The Manners stock is perfect, as new.

Gentlemen, this is a first class build in every respect. $3,500 shipped in the lower 48 and $30 extra to Alaska. Ships in a hard plastic case from an individual to your FFL with ID enclosed. Ammo and extras ship separately. You won’t be disappointed. Please PM me with your questions. I’m also happy to send additional pics. First public “I’ll Take It” trumps all PM’s. This is cross-posted so time stamp prevails. Don’t miss out on this one!

Keith

IMG_9488.JPGIMG_9489.JPGIMG_9472.JPGIMG_9473.JPGIMG_9475.JPGIMG_9470.JPGIMG_9471.JPGIMG_9483.JPGIMG_9485.JPGIMG_9467.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.