6.5 SAUM or 6UM

Forest

WKR
ADG seems to be very good at sticking to and publicizing their schedule. Some dealers will even let you pre-order. IMO it's pretty easy to get if you plan ahead a bit, and be ready to jump on it once it hits the shelves. I was able to get my hands on plenty of 7 saum brass to last the barrel before my gun build was even complete.

Getting the itch to put together a rifle, want a niche, cool chambering/caliber. I reload so no worries with needing factory ammo.

Big fan of the shoot 2 hunt podcast so as a result I’ve added the 6UM to the consideration.

Which do you think will have better brass support? 6.5SAUM is a bit of a struggle to get brass, I’d likely have to neck down 7 SAUM.

My concern for 6UM is if heaven forbid, UM disappears or stops selling brass down the road, where would the brass come from? ADG directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6.5 saum
If you want a fast accurate 6mm just get a 6 creed

khuber84

WKR
Not sure yet, will plan to run either 134 eld m or 135 berger, would prefer the eld m's, but not easy to find right now.
I'd suggest a 170-190 freebore. I just had a 25prc cut with 180fb and all the heavy Berger, Blackjack and the ELDM sit nicely a ways above the neck shoulder junction. Giving you room to jump a ways before getting below the neck.

hdc77

FNG
Classified Approved
I’ll be following and see what kind of velocity you’ll be getting out of your 25 SAUM. I have a 25 SST and I like it but mine it’s way slower than the SAUM.
Now I’m gonna focus on that 6 SAUM, have a pile of Berger 108s , hopefully it’ll like them.

Shortz

FNG
Are you planning to reload or buy factory ammunition? Either way a 6.5 prc to start and later rebarrel is probably the better choice especially for a tikka, since you were originally considering the 6.5 SAUM the 6.5prc is a good choice, the availability of factory ammo is very nice from hornady.