6mm Remington & Nosler

I can't be the only 6mm Remington fan out there, please tell me I'm not!! :) Nosler makes some great brass and ammunition for a lot of different cartridges that are a little off right of center and I don't see how they could possibly be as popular as the 6mm Remington. I've been pestering them for a few years to make 6mm Remington brass and loaded ammunition. Anyone else out there that shoots 6mm Remington and would like to see it too? Maybe if we pester them enough they will finally start making some for us.

Here's just a sampling of some that they do make brass for that are probably hard to find brass for, and are not that popular.
17 Rem
221 Fireball
6.5 Grendel
264 Win Mag
7mm SAUM
7mm STW
7mm RUM
300 AAC BLK
300 SAUM
350 Rem Mag
9.3x74R

come2elmo

WKR
I feel your pain on the 6mm rem brass. Granted I haven’t looked all that hard but I got a 100ct of hornady brass from the big BP and I would say 30% of them wouldn’t fit I’m my ruger #1. They were too fat. I had to pull the loads and do a full resize on them so they would fit. Grrr. Shame on me for not testing every one first I guess.

OP
6mm Remington
I feel your pain on the 6mm rem brass. Granted I haven’t looked all that hard but I got a 100ct of hornady brass from the big BP and I would say 30% of them wouldn’t fit I’m my ruger #1. They were too fat. I had to pull the loads and do a full resize on them so they would fit. Grrr. Shame on me for not testing every one first I guess.
Wow that sucks! I have about 100 rounds of Hornady brass myself. I guess I'm going to have to try it first to see how it works. You got me nervous. That really would have sucked to load some up and go hunting and not be able to chamber a round! I shoot a Ruger 1B myself in 6mm Remington and my son has a Ruger MKII and a Remington Model 600 in 6mm.

1589049630042.png

Reactions: Guy
6mm Rem is my go-to gun in the safe. I grab once-fires brass whenever I can, sort and prep my carefully, and squirrel it away! My 700 likes 95g Ballistic Tips best.

Always wanted one in a Rem 600 but don’t have one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
6mm Remington
6mm Rem is my go-to gun in the safe. I grab once-fires brass whenever I can, sort and prep my carefully, and squirrel it away! My 700 likes 95g Ballistic Tips best.

Always wanted one in a Rem 600 but don’t have one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is my son when he was a lot younger his first year of hunting when he was 12. My father bought this 6mm in a little mom & pop store in NYE Montana after watching it sit in the store for sale (new) for several years. He gave it to me as my first big game rifle. We put a 4x Weaver K4 scope on it and it's been on that rifle since 1972. I shot my first big-game animal which also happened to be an antelope when I was 12. I'll shorten the story but my father and I had antelope come running past us broadside at about 75 yards going full out. Dad was to my left about 25 yards and there was a buck and doe running together in front and a buck running alone at the rear. There was a gap in the animals just similar to my dad and I being spaced out from each other. We both shot at what sounded like the exact same time. Only one shot heard. Three antelope tumbled and went down in a heap. When I shot at the buck the doe happened to run exactly on the other side of him. The bullet went through the buck in the lungs and hit the doe about the same place. I had to shoot the buck and the doe once more but they were down and not going anyplace. My dad's buck was dead.

My son Jeff starts his first year when he can carry a rifle hunting when he is 12. He makes a one shot kill on a doe with the same 6mm Remington Model 600. And so it begins! ALWAYS HUNGRY

1589058256847.png

You can see the medallion in the stock. This was a rifle Remington built in 1964 to honor the 100th year of the Montana Territory and the 75th year of Statehood. I think there were just over 1000 of these rifles built specially for that.

1589058525517.png

He took his orange off before the picture was taken.

come2elmo

WKR
Yup both my boys shot their first deer with our 6mm and it likes the 95gr nos bt’s as well

Attachments

• E4C3677F-74FD-4B2D-A010-9EA9E878C9A8.jpeg
    E4C3677F-74FD-4B2D-A010-9EA9E878C9A8.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 9D38BF9C-CD35-4FA1-BE94-3E8AACF79120.jpeg
    9D38BF9C-CD35-4FA1-BE94-3E8AACF79120.jpeg
    790.7 KB · Views: 8

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Was love at first sight and still have the gal. I have shot a 6mm for 40+ years, never bought ammo and even still have the original Lee loader that helped launch all the fun sitting on a shelf. Started with a Remington 788 and traded it into a Ruger 1b. Shoots absurdly tight w Sierra 70 gr. BTHP, IMR 4350 and CCI-BR2 for chucks, regularly smoking them at 450 - 500 yds. Deer drop like hammer of Thor lightning strike w 95 gr Bergers or Nosler BTs. In a way the 6mm laid the ground work for every other caliber I own with bug hole expectations, DRT performance and always hand loading. Was just thinking about doing a hunt with the 1b this fall for old times and to see what a Barnes 80 gr TTSX does at high speed. People who never played with a 6mm Remington have missed out on one great cartridge. Glad there are others out there loving it too.

OP
6mm Remington
Here's my son with his first elk. He shot her with his Ruger MKII in 6mm Remington using a hand loaded 90gr. E-tip. She was standing at 350 yards. He put the bullet tight behind her shoulder and it exited out the off-side shoulder. She staggered about 20 yards and tipped over. The E-tip in the 6mm is sure a good one too!

1589284359623.png

Harvey_NW

WKR
Has anyone used a 6mm with the 105+ grain bullets for long range shooting? I always thought a 6mm ackley would be a fun wildcat for varmints and could double as a long range rifle.

I have a Ruger American Predator 6mm creedmoor I load 105gr hunting VLD with H4831SC for and it's extremely accurate with great ballistics. I just backed the load off and haven't done much chrono work yet but it's somewhere around 3070 according to my ladder test. I will add that I had to fine tune a shim for the bottom metal to get them to feed correctly, the bullet tip would hit the back of the barrel before the feed ramp popped it out of the mag when cycling..

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used a 6mm with the 105+ grain bullets for long range shooting? I always thought a 6mm ackley would be a fun wildcat for varmints and could double as a long range rifle.
I have tried but not great results on finding sweet load / group size. Need to rebarrel for twist to get serious with heavies. I do like the 95 Bergers a lot. And on that Ackley, always wondered too but wondered a lot more on 7mm-08 ai.