7 PRC Brass Updates

CCooper

WKR
From ADG as of today regarding 7PRC brass:

"Our official stance is “We have not decided if we will manufacture 7PRC at this time, but it is at the top of our caliber development list.” That said, I’m confident you’ll have a high-quality source for 7PRC in 2023😊. We appreciate the inquiries and request to help drive our R&D efforts.

Seems like a wink it is in the mix- regardless, good news that someone will be producing soon.

axeforce6

WKR
Good news, I just got 7 boxes of ammo. 5 of the match and 2 of the PH. I'm just not a big fan of hornady brass.

gabenzeke

WKR
Wonder if there's a way to get notified if/when they do the first run?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

B23

WKR
Ugh! This is killing me. I can't decide if I should build another 7mm Blaser mag, which I already have hundreds of pieces of new Norma brass and a set of Redding dies for, or go with it's nearly identical twin the new 7PRC.

It's not as if the Norma brass is bad because it has actually done very well so far, in my 7 Blaser, but I'm building this for my daughter and already have a Bartlein 3B 8.5tw 22in barrel for it and the only real benefit of the 7PRC would be if she had or wanted to shoot factory ammo the 7PRC would obviously be the better choice.

Nothing against Norma brass because they make good stuff, I just think ADG and Lapua is a little more durable when it comes to holding primer pockets, especially, if you want to run the upper nodes. The idea of ADG making 7PRC brass is pulling me back toward the 7PRC. Decisions, decisions......

TxLite

WKR
When I talked to Peterson it sounded like they’ve been getting hammered with requests for it as well. Hoping we get a few good options in the coming months.

I jumped on the 7PRC train but have since calmed down. I can wait a while until supply catches up. That said, I have Hornady dies, 175 ELD-X seating stem and a Microadjust seating stem all still new in the packages if anyone is interested.

TxLite

WKR
Unknown Munitions is offering backorders on Peterson 7PRC brass. How does Peterson compare to ADG for those that have used both? I’ve been very happy with my ADG brass but I haven’t seen it confirmed or available to order yet.

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider
Unknown Munitions is offering backorders on Peterson 7PRC brass. How does Peterson compare to ADG for those that have used both? I’ve been very happy with my ADG brass but I haven’t seen it confirmed or available to order yet.

Adg 7 prc confirmed and supposed to be available later this year. I can’t help you with comparison, but I have used and been happy with peterson brass, but have read where some prefer adg. Both seem high quality. I would use whichever I could get my hands on first. I have a backorder placed for the peterson 7 prc through unknown and have been watching for adg presales of the 7 prc as well.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I've only used ADG in one rifle and thought it was good quality, but I load Peterson in 2 other rifles and I can easily say it's my first choice.

FWIW Peterson had top ten shooters in both PRS and NRL at the time this survey was conducted. ADG isn't on the list.

TxLite

WKR

Adg 7 prc confirmed and supposed to be available later this year. I can’t help you with comparison, but I have used and been happy with peterson brass, but have read where some prefer adg. Both seem high quality. I would use whichever I could get my hands on first. I have a backorder placed for the peterson 7 prc through unknown and have been watching for adg presales of the 7 prc as well.
I saw jaoutdoors link but didn’t know if it was just wishful thinking since it wasn’t available for preorder. I load ADG for 2 cartridges and Alpha for another and have been very happy with both companies so far.

I might go ahead and order some Peterson and see how it goes.

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider