7 PRC Powder

Bleeb

FNG
I didn’t notice any unburnt powder left behind in the suppressor, but according to GRT I’m around 94% burned.

I don’t disagree with your logic though on using something quicker for a more complete burn. Post your results and let us know how it goes!
How did you get 7 PRC in GRT? My updated version doesn't include it. Are you using a predecessor wildcat?

TxLite

WKR
How did you get 7 PRC in GRT? My updated version doesn't include it. Are you using a predecessor wildcat?
There was a download for it on discord.

You can also take a 7 blaser mag and tweak the specs if you’re up to it.

Bleeb

FNG
There was a download for it on discord.

You can also take a 7 blaser mag and tweak the specs if you’re up to it.
Thanks. I can't seem to login to the GRT discord server because it says my email is already registered and I can't verify it. Geez!

TxLite

WKR
@TxLite Any chance of getting a read on powder burn for my current 7PRC load? 168LRX 67.5 g RL 26, 2974 fps, 20” barrel

I’m just curious
Obviously this is just going to be a rough estimate without knowing case capacity and seating depth. This is at 3.34”

1711459489220.png

To get to your velocity, it’s showing 3.22” COAL with a 96.8% burn rate @ 70,471psi

Last edited:

Bleeb

FNG
Obviously this is just going to be a rough estimate without knowing case capacity and seating depth. This is at 3.34”

View attachment 692518

To get to your velocity, it’s showing 3.22” COAL with a 96.8% burn rate @ 70,471psi
Is there any way you, or anyone else, could send me the 7 PRC update file for GRT? I am getting nowhere with the Discord support bot. I registered in 2018, but did not verify my account, and can't do it now because I don't remember my password from 6 years ago. Like Elvis, I'm caught in a trap.

TxLite

WKR
Is there any way you, or anyone else, could send me the 7 PRC update file for GRT? I am getting nowhere with the Discord support bot. I registered in 2018, but did not verify my account, and can't do it now because I don't remember my password from 6 years ago. Like Elvis, I'm caught in a trap.
pm'd

philcox

WKR

View attachment 692518

Thx. I’m sitting at 3.20 COAL, ADG brass. so that’s probably pretty close. A dumb question, is that burn rate decent for my set up, or low? Is there anything I can do to improve it? Or should I even care?

TxLite

WKR
Thx. I’m sitting at 3.20 COAL, ADG brass. so that’s probably pretty close. A dumb question, is that burn rate decent for my set up, or low? Is there anything I can do to improve it? Or should I even care?
100% is obviously ideal, but I think I read somewhere if you are above like 92% or something you are fine.

If it is shooting good with decent velocity spreads, I wouldn't worry about it personally.