7mm 08 howa super lite favorite factory ammo

StickSlingers

Lil-Rokslider
A buddy of mine recently purchased a howa superlite in 7mm 08 and isn’t happy with the groups he’s getting from a half dozen or so factory options (2-3” @ 100” I’m going to take it this weekend to tinker with it, make sure it’s not him, the scope, the mounts ECT. If in fact it is the gun, do any of you guys own one and have a factory round that’s giving you consistent 1moa or less accuracy? Appreciate the input guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine recently purchased a howa superlite in 7mm 08 and isn’t happy with the groups he’s getting from a half dozen or so factory options (2-3” @ 100” I’m going to take it this weekend to tinker with it, make sure it’s not him, the scope, the mounts ECT. If in fact it is the gun, do any of you guys own one and have a factory round that’s giving you consistent 1moa or less accuracy? Appreciate the input guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this helps but I recently got a 22" sporter barrel Howa Mini 1500. I was able to get a sub MOA 10 shot group with a handload but...the pencil barrel is sensitive to heat. It's good for 2-3 shots sub MOA and then the next 2 shots will be flyers making it 1-1.5" MOA with handloads.

Have him wait 3 minutes between shots and see how it groups. That is what I do when seeing the capability of the hunting rifle.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
My suggestion is tighten the action screws to the point that you think the plastic is going to break...

I had to do that with my 6.5 and I had been pretty timid about screw torque, but once I snugged them down my groups shrank considerably.

My suggestion is tighten the action screws to the point that you think the plastic is going to break...

I had to do that with my 6.5 and I had been pretty timid about screw torque, but once I snugged them down my groups shrank considerably.

That’s a super bad idea cause some people have cracked the plastic and getting a replacement from Howa takes weeks. 50 in lbs is recommended. Other avenues to get accuracy.

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
Be sure to hold onto the forend when shooting, can't just rest on a bag and hold on to the grip of the stock and expect a good group from a sub 6# rifle. I have one in .308 and if I don't have a secure hold, the groups open up considerably.