7prc bottom metal

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
Gathering the final pieces for a 7prc build. The stock and bottom metal is the last on the list.

I originally thought I would go with a gunwerks stock, but it looks like they aren't currently available for ordering. Next one of interest is the manners pro hunter.

I'll be doing the M5 inlet, and I'm leaning towards going BDL style for the bottom metal. I'm curious if anyone has had any trouble feeding cartridges this way? I have a 300wsm that I never could get to feed right until I went with a dbm/mag. I don't want to play that game again.

Next question is concerning the M5 mini chassis. Does it hinder this cartridge, or any for that matter, as far as overall length provided?

The action is a zermatt ti-3 long action

Thanks

OP
gledeasy

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I have rifles with dbm's. A couple years ago I would have agreed. However, this year hunting with both a bdl and dbm rifle, I'm leaning towards bdl for this. That is, if the cartridge feeds fine.

Reactions: WKR

wapitibob

WKR
With Manners you need to go the Oberndorf M5 route, they don't know how to cut a rem 700 bdl inlet. I also went with a Wyatt MBE-2, it gave me 3.825" length without modification to the action (defiance anti).

this may work?

Last edited:

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
I also the Oberndorf M5 route with MBE-2 in Manners Pro Hunter and Terminus action. I can get it to feed except for the last round. This is 280AI....kind of frustrated, but just gotta keep at it I guess. Round gets halfway in and the bolt slips over the rear.

Feels like I need a narrower box...or my action doesn't like the straight walls of the 280AI

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Please ignore my post. I talked to my action manufacturer and said my problem is common for my setup and they suggest DBM. Sold the BDL.