916 Yard Washington Buck

OP
pyroducksx3
I said I was trying to get my buddy his first animal not that this was his first time hunting. This is his third season hunting and he has proved capable of making this shot multiple times. If there was cover and enough daylight left to have got closer I would have. If you are referring to my shot well the results speak for itself.

its pretty much whatever lets ya sleep at nite...... hunt as ya want... and dont care whatever others think. i hunt in ways that make sense to me, thats all that really matters.......

That's a dandy shot pyro! Looks like perfect shot placement.

As far as all the comments on ethics or competency, shit happens! I know someone who missed critters the size of small pickups this year:), even though he practiced and shot very well all summer prepping for it. What matters is your buddy recognized he couldn't pull it off and stopped before the shots weren't clean misses anymore. Shooting from less than ideal positions is tough, even for highly experienced shooters. Hell, half the reason I started backing up and shooting further was to gain better shooting positions. I defy anyone to say its more ethical to take a 200 yard sitting shot or 100 yard offhand shot over a 900 yard prone shot!

Close or far, hunting has its challenges. I thought that's why we head up the trail every day...

OP
pyroducksx3
Not quite as longrange but got my spike down also and the little guy got to be there for this one. Spike x 2 at 409 yards.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 67
Nice! Went out this morning to try n find my buddy a cow, guess what we saw? A spike.... in a non spike unit! Lol that's how it goes sometimes!

OP
pyroducksx3
It was a great season! My buddy did fill his antlerless tag so he didn't go home empty handed. I thought I posted this already but I guess not. Freezer is full.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 27