A big elk....

dtrkyman

WKR
I have no personal issue with any of it, to each his own.

Just not a hunter in my opinion, just a trigger man, I have guided and worked for a few, at least the one I worked for acknowledged the fact he just paid to play, never pretended to be an expert, he used the same philosophy in business, hire people to do things that are the best at it!

I could see it putting a negative light on hunting, but most non hunters won't know it happened, as well as most hunters too.

Raj patel

Lil-Rokslider
I’m new to all this but if this guy wants to spend a few hundred grand to do that and the Money goes toward conservation let him have it. However I don’t think I’d even crack a smile from it. Give me a mediocre elk with a bow and I’ll grin for a year.

wayoh22

WKR
I have no personal issue with any of it, to each his own.

Just not a hunter in my opinion, just a trigger man, I have guided and worked for a few, at least the one I worked for acknowledged the fact he just paid to play, never pretended to be an expert, he used the same philosophy in business, hire people to do things that are the best at it!

I could see it putting a negative light on hunting, but most non hunters won't know it happened, as well as most hunters too.
You said it better than I did, that's for sure. Well put.

Not my thing, but congrats to the guy, he made a huge contribution to AZ and got a huge bull.
The hunt is what it is, I bet that video does the experience no justice, I bet they were genuinely excited, and it was a hunt they all will remember.

that whole situation is completely out of my reality for many reasons, but AZ got good money from that bull and that bull was hunted and killed.

of course the scenario doesn’t depict what most of us love about elk hunting (or hunting period) but it wasn’t our money or hunt.

gelton

WKR
"What we have got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you do"

The only thing I will say is that he ten ringed a 900-yard shot, wondering what caliber that was because the bull took it in stride and it was a great shot.

LongCut

FNG
Hopefully that pile of money gets used for good...

Not my thing as far as hunting, but if it was all legal then not much to complain about I suppose. I am personally not a fan of some of the bear drives I have witnessed, and I don't like pass shooting waterfowl, but it's legal so to each his own.

Should ba a giant * next to it in the record book. Legal or not I think it takes away from the accomplishments of people who truly earn record book animals.

Should ba a giant * next to it in the record book. Legal or not I think it takes away from the accomplishments of people who truly earn record book animals.

i understand your sentiment, but we just need to chock it up to "life ain't fair" if there is a giant * next to that bull, then what about some giant critter that someone just lucks into? that's not fair either is it?

life just doesn't work like that.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Hopefully that pile of money gets used for good...

Not my thing as far as hunting, but if it was all legal then not much to complain about I suppose. I am personally not a fan of some of the bear drives I have witnessed, and I don't like pass shooting waterfowl, but it's legal so to each his own.

Whats the point of a record book filled up with **. Wheter or not you agree with the way he was hunted or not it was a legal free range hunt. He still made a 960 yard shot in what looked like medium-heavy wind which is hard enough in itself. What should he not be allowed to hunt because he is fat and our of shape? Would you feel differently if it was your 80 year old grandpa with a bad hip taking a bull under those circumstances. Or your brother that got paralyzed from the waist down in a car accident?

LongCut

FNG
Whats the point of a record book filled up with **. Wheter or not you agree with the way he was hunted or not it was a legal free range hunt. He still made a 960 yard shot in what looked like medium-heavy wind which is hard enough in itself. What should he not be allowed to hunt because he is fat and our of shape? Would you feel differently if it was your 80 year old grandpa with a bad hip taking a bull under those circumstances. Or your brother that got paralyzed from the waist down in a car accident?

What's the point of a record book filled up with manufactured records?

Like I said as long as everything was done legally, and I have no reason to believe it wasn't, then it is what it is. Never said a word about the guy's physical condition either. But thanks for that tangent...

We could argue that the shot was unethical, we could argue about what caliber he used, what scope was on his rifle and what bullet he shot, what brand of clothing he wore, etc.

DIdnt mean to get your camo panties in a bunch. Have a great day.

Azone

WKR
Money talks and bullshit walks. Beautiful bull, not so beautiful circumstances in my personal opinion. At least the state of AZ got a nice chunk of change out of the deal, only positive I can see. Canned fair chase hunt is how I see it.

“and he rode into Jerusalem on an ass to cheering crowds”😂😂😂

**Record Book???? Pfffftttt.....therein lies the problem. People, not just rich guys, will do crazy shit to see their name at the top! At least he made a good shot and apparently did it legal unlike many other extremists who chase the record books. Look how the Weatherby award and others have created this phenomena. I just want one bigger than the last one but, everyone is different and has different reasons for doing what they do! Revel in your freedom provided by our fighting men and women!

Glad that Trent got to be a part of the hunt however bittersweet that may have been for him.

Sour Grapes and negative judgement won’t bring the elk back to life or help support our passion for hunting,in anyway. Be happy that Arizona got a big shot in the arm from the proceeds to help grow many more just like this one in time. Wildlife, therefore hunters, will ultimately benefit if the libtards don’t squander the money!!!

WOW!!! What a specimen! That is something we can all celebrate!