A bit of a ramble and video about my introduction to trad

Hi all.

I started getting into trad stuff about 6 months ago. I've worked a bit on my form and tried some different gear and it's been a lot of fun so far. I hope to start hunting with my recurve in a few months. I put together a short video to use it as an excuse to learn some production/editing skills. Have a watch if you think you might be interested.

I've got a Bear Montana in 45# waiting for me at the post office to collect tomorrow so it'll be good to have another bow slightly lighter than my BW to practice more. Shooting 400 spine arrows out of the 54# BW and I'm assuming a 500 spine arrow will be a good starting point from the Bear 45#.

Cheers.

Thanks, mate. Australia is a good place because I don't have to wait for seasons and can hunt 24/7. If I'm not in good enough shape with the 'curve to hunt some bucks before they drop their antlers in October, I'll spend summer chasing feral goats and pigs with it.

Your Form has improved from the early hunched over shooting.

Hopefully you have a target rich environment near your place so you can get out and skewer some animals!

Your Form has improved from the early hunched over shooting.

Hopefully you have a target rich environment near your place so you can get out and skewer some animals!

Very much a target rich environment down here for me, mate. I'm heading out over the weekend and there is a good chance I'll see feral goats and pigs, as well as huge numbers of fallow deer. Getting close enough will be a different matter.

Back