A little help for the CO Secondary Draw

BobDog

FNG
Do you also find searching the draw recap reports to be a giant pain in the butt? Well I'm here here to make your life a little easier. I've compiled a spreadsheet of all of the leftover licenses from the primary draw. Message me if you would like the filterable spreadsheet version since the forum only allows for PDF file attachments. Good luck out there friends.

Attachments

• 2023ElkSecondaryDraw.pdf
    189.9 KB · Views: 140

cnelk

WKR
Here’s a money saving tip:

If you didn’t apply in the primary draw, you’ll need a Qualifying License to enter the Secondary Draw.

Now, if you happen to see a leftover tag(s) you’re interested in, go back to the 2022 Secondary Draw Recap and look and see how many Youths drew those tags.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Youth getting those tags, it’s just they have 100% preference.

So unless there’s a pile of tags in that hunt code, you just wasted your money.

Good luck 👍

OP
BobDog

BobDog

FNG
Got one for mule deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My code doesn't seem to be working to pull in the number of remaining tags for deer, but here is what I have for leftover tags if you find it helpful. Cheers

Attachments

• 2023DeerSecondaryDraw.pdf
    172.7 KB · Views: 59
Here’s a money saving tip:

If you didn’t apply in the primary draw, you’ll need a Qualifying License to enter the Secondary Draw.

Now, if you happen to see a leftover tag(s) you’re interested in, go back to the 2022 Secondary Draw Recap and look and see how many Youths drew those tags.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Youth getting those tags, it’s just they have 100% preference.

So unless there’s a pile of tags in that hunt code, you just wasted your money.

Good luck 👍
There are a bunch of Dads that end up with great tags their kids drew for them in the secondary.....

KsRancher

WKR
Thanks. That's a lot of work. I am hoping for a few return or nonpayment tags to show up when the secondary draw list comes out. My 16yr old son really wants a 1st season tag, but will gladly settle for a 4th season

SteveTX

Lil-Rokslider
So the secondary draw is made up of leftover tags from the first draw, and any that have been turned back in? Is that right?

What happens to tags that are turned back in later this summer?

cnelk

WKR
So the secondary draw is made up of leftover tags from the first draw, and any that have been turned back in? Is that right?

What happens to tags that are turned back in later this summer?

Leftover and Reissues are different.

You’ll need to watch the reissue list each week when they go on sale.

It’s all in the Regs

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
Good info here. Thx, BobDog.

I'll add a couple more items that may help.

Like cnelk said, you'll still need to purchase a qualifying license to apply and reissues will not be included in the 2nd draw.

The secondary draw does not use preference points and you cannot apply as a group. You can still apply in the 2nd draw, even if you didn't apply in the primary draw. Any tags that are not assigned in the secondary draw will go onto the leftover list.