A man, a wolf, and stupid in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

WKR
Small town entertainment. Not condoning it, but there was a time when cameras weren’t in everyone’s pocket. Wrong times to do this.
I certainly know something about small town entertainment in Wyoming generally, and small town entertainment in the area of Wyoming mentioned in this article specifically.

For instance, I knew a Wyoming old timer, now departed, who roped a bear while horseback, got him "stretched out" with another roper, turned him into a "steer," then turned him loose. I know another Wyoming old timer, who used to work for the same outfitter I did, who roped a "greenie" who was riding a bicycle from a pickup and thought it was funny. I know things like this used to go on. I don't think it was a great idea "back then," much less now. But maybe I just don't have a sense of humor.

This was small town idiocy. There are no good reasons to do this. Including not liking wolves.

t_carlson

WKR
Not how I would have done things, but to everyone condemning him, have y'all ever seen the videos from inside of a commercial slaughterhouse????

It should either be illegal to torture all animals or illegal to torture none.

I never would have done what that idiot did. I think missed what the torture was? Just not killing it immediately, taping it's mouth shut, taking it home, and then out to the bar before he killed it?

Idiot deserves the ticket but that isn't what I considered torture from reading the responses. I was considering something far worse.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
I'm aware of that. So what? Would you justify beating your wife with "You should hear about the Holocaust"?
Already said I don’t condone the actions of the individual. Just simply pointing out in human nature there exists much worst things than wolf napping.

TSAMP

WKR
A man worth knowing would not get any kind of enjoyment out of actions such as the ones in the article. Furthermore, any of the people in attendance should have done better, in my opinion.

I was in downtown St Louis once at a nightclub/bar. A gentlemen came in with what appeared to be service dog, a vizsla. He proceeded to leave it on a stool and dance with some ladies. The dog left its stool a couple times over the course of about 20 minutes before I approached him to point out the noise level and lights appeared to be frightening the dog. It was a short conversation and ended outside.

I think back about how that went sometimes and go back and fourth on my choice of action, but can't help but think this situation might have had a similar outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.