a new hunter 'advocacy' group

KurtR

WKR
Tag allocations I guess states need to do what they see fit i don’t live there so I will play by the rules they set. I can live with 10%

If that was all this was advocating what ever but it is a load of other garbage.

Wonder why the moose tags are down so much? Numbers of moose must have dropped substantially. Interesting

Ratbeetle

WKR
Biologists don't manage tag allocations...the State Legislature does.

I think of all the points that Rob is making, reducing NR tag allocations on some species or license types is a good idea.

When I see MT, ID, NM, OR, NV, AZ, UT, etc. increasing their NR tag allocations to fall in line with Wyoming's generosity, I'll be more inclined to leave the WY allocations where they are. Right now, NR's are getting more than 50% of the pronghorn tags issued in WY, more than 16% of LQ elk tags, 20% of the moose tags, 25% of the sheep tags. That's wayyyyy over what any other state offers to NR's.

A good friend of mine was looking at the WY moose and sheep orders/regulations from 1976. That year, 1976, Wyoming issued over 2,000 moose permits and 390 bighorn sheep tags. This year, Wyoming issued 380 moose licenses and less than 200 sheep licenses. For the record, I drew a moose permit a few years back, and a sheep tag this year...so personally/selfishly I don't care anymore about the allocations. I'll never draw either again no matter what the allocations are, but I do care about younger/new Resident hunters having a better chance to draw tags in the state they reside in, over some old blue-haired NR.

I have no problem sharing with NR hunters, but when things have tightened up to this level, more priority should be given to the Residents. It's well past time to reduce both sheep and moose allocations to NR hunters to 10%...probably high demand elk, deer, and pronghorn as well.

As far as the argument that "NR's fund the bulk of the GF"...people better start getting their facts straight. That's not true, at all. NR's pay more in total license fees, but not more of the over-all GF budget.

Laughs in unlimited CO OTC...

So conversely, residents get 84% of the lq elk tags, 80% of the moose tags, and 75% of the sheep tags. How is that not providing preference to residents?

As a CO resident, I get frustrated with the tag allocations to NR but I'm also smart enough to know that wildlife management costs money and the fact is, NR pay the lion's share when it comes to tag fees. How do you propose to make up the difference when NR tags are cut.?

BuzzH

WKR
Laughs in unlimited CO OTC...

So conversely, residents get 84% of the lq elk tags, 80% of the moose tags, and 75% of the sheep tags. How is that not providing preference to residents?

As a CO resident, I get frustrated with the tag allocations to NR but I'm also smart enough to know that wildlife management costs money and the fact is, NR pay the lion's share when it comes to tag fees. How do you propose to make up the difference when NR tags are cut.?

Real easy when it comes to the tag cuts.

For elk, if we lowered the NR LQ elk allocation to 10% instead of 16%, Wyoming would increase over-all revenue from NR's. By statute, NR's receive 7,250 full price elk tags. The tags cut from the LQ areas would be made up via general tags. Since there is so much demand for NR general tags in Wyoming, more of the general tags would be sold at the higher "special" fee (see demand for NR general tags).

Pronghorn there would be no change, as a lot of Resident tags drop to the NR draw already. If Wyoming only gave NR's 10% of the LQ tags, that means that R's would draw more tags in desirable areas, rather than their second and third choice areas, and those tags would become available to NR's.

Deer would essentially be no change at all as the allocations for the Region wide tags are sent on a quota, not a percentage. Sure, a few less NR's would draw LQ deer tags. May be a very slight loss in revenue there, not enough to matter.

Moose, goat, bison, sheep...not enough NR tags issued to even worry about. The slight loss in revenue to the Department is worth it to give more tags to Residents. I would be more than happy to see R fee increases to off-set the loss of 15% of the NR tags.

As seen with the demand for all tags across the board in Wyoming, I also think the NR fees should be increased again. Wyoming is a desirable place to hunt with great management. Price should reflect the quality and the demand for licenses. In particular NR fees for cows, doe/fawn pronghorn and deer should be increased significantly. Demand for those tags is very high. NR doe/fawn pronghorn at $34 is a joke...should be doubled, at a minimum.

I hear there is going to be a legislative push to lower NR quota's...and increase fees.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You won’t hear back from mtnprst. Ryan banned him.

We don’t need the cancer of further division on here or the greater hunting community, nor the time suck it costs the mods keeping up with the thread. Plus the guy can’t even read our forum rules before promoting his “nonprofit”

He’s got his own set of fair chase rules and reading all 200+ posts on here, I can safely say the majority of Rokslide does NOT agree with them.

I will say that some of you need to learn how to argue without all the emotion and name calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

260madman

WKR
And here I was thinking he was hung over from smelling his smug farts (South Park)and gargling granola. He probably fancies himself as a Renaissance man.

260madman

WKR
I just went to his webpage. 🤪 He sure wants to control a lot. Incremental erosion will be how they achieve it. Regulate everything because, well, because! Perception and feels I guess. Lots and lots of feels.

204guy

WKR
Rob Shaul, the Hanoi Jane of the hunting world.

Not that expectations where high given the orgs stated objectives but that bear post was one of the dumbest things I've read. Akin to saying "I don't kill animals I buy my meat at the grocery store."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
Rob Shaul, the Hanoi Jane of the hunting world.

Not that expectations where high given the orgs stated objectives but that bear post was one of the dumbest things I've read. Akin to saying "I don't kill animals I buy my meat at the grocery store."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Have to agree with you...he's way too radical to find much support.

Has a couple OK thoughts, but they're clouded by a lot of ridiculous ideas. He wont find much traction unless he tone's it down, a lot.