A Seek Outside shout out!

Muttly

WKR

So...a couple months ago, got an email from Seek Outside, informing me that I had won a hundred bucks in their email sign up raffle! Had forgotten about signing up for emails as that was the first one I remember getting from them. Been thinking about picking up a little tarp for quite awhile, most of the ones I was looking at, 5x7 or 5x8 seemed a scoshe small. While pondering and perusing tipis and pyramids, noticed the DST tarp, which at 10x10 seemed like it should be a good start. Ordered up the tarp and stake kit, forgot about it again.

Few weeks ago, it showed up in the mail! Pretty impressive little piece of kit.. We were out yesterday, in one of those oft mentioned but seldom seen sunny days in SE Alaska. Went out to Brown Mountain, nice little trip with the packs loaded down a little, took the tarp along just to try it out. Snooped around up top for a bit, decided to make coffee, see if I could get some sort of Charlie Brown shelter set up. Six or seven stakes, three trekking poles, with an assist from the nearest shrubbery, I was kind of impressed with the actual amount of room under it! Really impressed with the construction of the tarp itself!

On a slightly different note, had tried mentioning the possible virtues of the floor less shelters in the past, Ma Bear never seemed convinced. After yesterday, she now wants to get a Cimarron!! Muddy paws, and muddy boots trump eloquent arguement, I guess.
Anybody know if two Exped 9 Synmats LWs will fit in the Cougar nest, or is that pushing things a bit much? The pads are 26 1/2" wide, not sure if it,s a good idea to cram them in, or if I would be better off getting a Bear Paw nest, get it made a little wider...

They are changing the cougar nest. If you like the current version order soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just got an email on the Cimarron
[h=1]New Cimarron Options and New Product News[/h]We have some new products and product changes that we are excited to announce! We’ve received consistent requests from customers and thanks to your valuable feedback we are now offering new options with our popular Cimarron tent, plus a couple of other exciting pieces of product news.
First, due to the volume of requests, we are now offering screen door options on the lightweight BT-2 and Cimarron tents. Without a screen door option, the BT-2 and Cimarron have quickly become some of our most popular tents with canopy weights at a mere 25 ounces and 36 ounces respectively. The addition of screen doors will add a marginal amount of weight to the canopy, while providing added ventilation and bug protection.
These optional screen doors are now available for order on the website! Please see our BT-2 Page or Cimarron page for order details....