A warning.....

That was a minty t100. How many miles?

2015, I got my truck stolen in Mexico with all my surfboards..

Then Got all my hunting stuff, camera with 6 months worth of New Zealand hunts on it including when my dad joined in when he still had his health, surfboards, wetsuits, cash , cell phone, everything ripped off.

Then came home and got 10 firearms ripped off that fall in North Dakota.

Good reminder that we don't own possessions in this life. Even pictures we won't take to the grave. It's all Gods.

Not a lot of those trucks around. I dont go to renton, but i commute from stevens county to seattle for work. Ill keep my eyes peeled, never know. Its probably getting parted out though.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That's a unique color on a truck I don't see very often. Should be easy to spot for the cops.

Back in 1997 my wife and I spent the night in Redding, CA with her T100 and our two mountain bikes. The next morning came out and her piece of crap bike was gone, and my brand new Cannondale was still there on the rack.

Good luck......hope you get it all back.......especially the truck. The ATV is easy to replace.

ElkNut1

WKR
Wow, man that truly sucks for sure bud! Sorry for your misfortune! I like your attitude 'It's only metal' -- Glad you're OK

ElkNut/Paul

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Thanks, guys. Really appreciate the help and eyes open. I posted a 'reward' listing on Seattle auto Craigs.
217K miles on the truck., about 9,000 a year.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
217K miles on the truck., about 9,000 a year.

I averaged 20k miles a year for the first 5 years I owned my 1989 Toyota 4x4 (hit 100k driving through Spokane in 1994), and now it has right around 250k total after 30 years. I'd be extremely bummed if I lost my truck.....it's my baby. Saying a prayer for you.......sure hope they find it in good condition.

chasewild

WKR
Frank -- I can sympathize with you as I'm sure you know (your mint swaro ATS and my WM sleeping bag stolen from my bivy).

Insurance is good, but faith in the fact that if these guys are making bad decisions like this, it's only a matter of time before they may another bad decision that costs them is better. That's not karma. That's logic.

curt514

FNG
I moved from MO to UT last year. I had most of my stuff all packed and in our storage unit ready to be put in the Uhaul the next week since we were selling our house and some bastard broke in and I lost everything. Insurance only covered 10k since it was away from the house but even after the payoff I lost about 20k in reloading equipment, ammo, camping equipment, tools, and misc household stuff. I still get sick about it every time I think about it. If I could find out who it was then they would never be a problem again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
I moved from MO to UT last year. I had most of my stuff all packed and in our storage unit ready to be put in the Uhaul the next week since we were selling our house and some bastard broke in and I lost everything. Insurance only covered 10k since it was away from the house but even after the payoff I lost about 20k in reloading equipment, ammo, camping equipment, tools, and misc household stuff. I still get sick about it every time I think about it. If I could find out who it was then they would never be a problem again.

Man oh man, what a disgusting scenario. I feel for you, brother.

Really sorry to hear this Frank. As far as I’m concerned, there are few forms of life lower than a thief, and although I don’t typically side with anything Islamic, their practice of cutting off thieves hands is pretty compelling. Fortunately I’ve never had anything really valuable to me stolen, but I have had my truck broken into on three different occasions. The first time was in downtown Seattle, middle of the afternoon, while parked on a busy street below the Space Needle. Window smashed, truck rifled through, and $500 camera stolen out of the back seat. The second time was in New Mexico, four corners area, while I was fishing the San Juan River. Same side window smashed, along with the back cap window. Truck rifled through again, and most of my camping gear and a 6 pk. of beer out of the cooler gone. Totally cost of everything stolen was probably about $100 or so. They left my 3 Sage fly rods/tubes in the back. Third time was when I first moved to AK., in my carport of the house that I was renting in Anchorage. Jimmied the lock on the passenger truck door with a screwdriver, breaking the lock and denting the door in the process. Truck rifled through again, stole the dashboard (which included the stereo), and speakers from behind the seat.
In every single break in, I had a holstered, loaded .44 magnum, under the drivers seat. That was the first pistol I ever bought, at age 15, and I still have that pistol today, but I no longer keep it in my truck.

Twice I’ve been on hikes and came back to my vehicle to find the window, of someone else’s vehicle, smashed. I am always packing (bear protection), when I go on hikes and I wonder what I would do if I found someone’s, or my, window smashed and the thief in the vehicle. I hope that I would have enough sense to not do anything really stupid, but I don’t know, I really HATE thieves.

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
Sorry to hear Frank. I am in Seattle area often as well as traveling through out WA. I'll keep my eyes open, should be easy to remember if I cross paths with either vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Bummer deal. Really hope it all works out for you. Sounds like they put you in quite the pinch.

ODB

WKR
Guys, my clean T100 truck and just-purchased Yamaha Grizzly 700 were stolen right from our hotel parking lot in Renton WA early Thursday morning. Bike was chained down right to the bed with a logging chain.
Aside from realizing that the Renton area is full of low life mother f*cking thieves, I learned some things from others about AwareGPS and motion sensors to put on your stuff.
I don't know if our stuff will be recovered, but I doubt it, especially the quad; but I've learned how I will protect my stuff henceforth.
Educate yourselves about theft prevention and by all means be fully insured! Thank goodness I called my insurance company immediately after purchasing that bike for comprehesive theft coverage. The indemnity process is a complete pita, but hopefully we won't lose thousands.

If any of you WA boys or gals spot either of these, let me know....

Which hotel? You chat with them for camera footage? Like many places, Renton is variable: Fairwood isn’t Skyway isn’t The Landing.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
The Larkspur Landing in Renton was the hotel, they share a parking lot with the Hilton there. The whole area is very secuded overall for where it is. It's obviously cased constantly by tweakers and lowlifes--hindsight. Grrrr.
We parked one spot onto the HIlton lot (about 50 yareds from the side entrance of the L.L, as the L.L. spots were either very dark and what we regarded as 'easy pickin's, or full.
The L.L. has cameras, the Hilton does not. The L.L. camera missed our rig by about 15 feet.

That stinks. Im sure by now the truck is painted or has already been parted out. Good luck with the insurance companies. They are about as bad as thieves!

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
If I was you I would call and make sure the case got assigned to a Detective. If the property crime rate is high in that area, some cases like this just get entered as stolen and then closed due to a lack of leads.