Adding cone on a tarp

TOLeary

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious if anyone has added a cone to their tarp for new locations for a trekking pole. How’d you go about doing it? Material, adhesive, etc.

92xj

WKR
I have a few of these that I move around my tarp depending on the pitch I want to run

Last edited:
OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few of these that I love around my tarp depending on the pitch I want to run

Is this allowing you to put a pole anywhere?

I did.As I recall it is a piece of cordura roughly shaped like a small dia. pleated coffee filter with a length of line laced through it.It is sewn into the already existing center patch on a S.O. DST.It works very well I think they should come that way

92xj

WKR
Is this allowing you to put a pole anywhere?
Anywhere there is a tie out, you just put that cup on and then your line. When I want to put my trekking poles somewhere on the interior of the tarp, I just put my handle end up and have that rest on the tarp with no issues.

MattB

WKR
I have a few of these that I move around my tarp depending on the pitch I want to run

Dumb question, but why not just run the point of the trekking pole through the guy-out point/loop?

92xj

WKR
When possible, i do. Other times I’ve not done it when I’ve used sticks that don’t fit, wet ground where i needed the point of the trekking pole jammed into the ground, etc. it’s not often I need the cones, but the times I’ve used them, they were handy and saved my tarp from potential holes.