Adding phone to binos to get extra zoom

I’m thinking about getting some sort of phone scope system with the thought that I can get a 2? 3? 5? X zoom plus my binos getting me a 20-50 magnification. I understand this won’t be the same as a dedicated spotter. Anybody else tried this out? I just want to be able to zoom once in a while. I’m sure quality will depend on phone and glass but I wonder about anybody else’s experience trying this out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkqi

WKR
It is possible in theory. You will want to use a camera with an optical (not digital) zoom to reap the benefits.

taskswap

WKR
I do this. I zoom my phone camera to 5x and pair it with a Magview mount for my bino's. It's... OK. Picture quality will be grainy but it's a pretty effective "doubler". Alignment is VERY touchy and you'll definitely want a tripod or something plus a remote Bluetooth shutter button. On balance it hasn't really been "worth the bother" to me but YMMV.

Maverick1

WKR
I’m thinking about getting some sort of phone scope system with the thought that I can get a 2? 3? 5? X zoom plus my binos getting me a 20-50 magnification. I understand this won’t be the same as a dedicated spotter. Anybody else tried this out? I just want to be able to zoom once in a while. I’m sure quality will depend on phone and glass but I wonder about anybody else’s experience trying this out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have done this hand holding the binoculars and phone against one another. I can confirm it works. The images become enlarged, albeit a bit grainier. Handholding is not the way to go though! Finding an object in the distance that way is very challenging.