Adding Picatinny to CA Ridgeline

Recently Purchased a 7 PRC from CA in a ridgeline FFT. I am thrilled with the gun but was a little bummed that it only came with a sling stud for bipod mounting purposes. I have been running the Hatch bipod this last year on a separate rifle and really like it so my goal is to get a pic rail set up so I can use it on the ridgeline. I have tried some adapter options and am now convinced that you can't replace the real thing as far as stability goes. I know it can be done but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience drilling their ridgeline and installing a pic rail and if they had any advice or things to look out for in the process. I'm sure I am overthinking but figured I would see if anyone had first hand experience before diving into it myself.

Take the rifle to a reputable and capable gunsmith. They should be able to carefully drill a second hole in the rifle stock to accommodate the pic rail.

mthayr

WKR
So you've tried this: https://a.co/d/gQhCd8O

...also - you might want to look into an Arca rail if you're going the gunsmith route, adds some flexibility to your system. I believe Hatch has an adapter for this...

OP
M
@mthayr I bought this one and the ,y buddy gave me the weaver adapter. The Caldwell did much better but I slowly noticed it loosening up after a couple rounds of shooting. I think it could work I just don't want to have to think about tightening in the field.

mthayr

WKR
@mthayr I bought this one and the ,y buddy gave me the weaver adapter. The Caldwell did much better but I slowly noticed it loosening up after a couple rounds of shooting. I think it could work I just don't want to have to think about tightening in the field.
Blue Loctite?

OP
M
@mthayr I used some after the first time it came loose but didn't seem to make much difference. Might be worth another shot before diving into drilling. Are you running that Caldwell adapter?

mthayr

WKR
I've run it on smaller caliber rifles than a 7 PRC without issue, but the heavier recoil could be more than the adapter can handle.

I just ended up running Arca on my rifles. For most of them it was as easy as getting an M-Lok rail, but I did drill/JB-Weld a T-nut into my Kimber Montana then sanded any high spots down to make sure the barrel still free floated. It was tedious work but in the end it was worth it.

OP
M
I've run it on smaller caliber rifles than a 7 PRC without issue, but the heavier recoil could be more than the adapter can handle.

I just ended up running Arca on my rifles. For most of them it was as easy as getting an M-Lok rail, but I did drill/JB-Weld a T-nut into my Kimber Montana then sanded any high spots down to make sure the barrel still free floated. It was tedious work but in the end it was worth it.
Gotcha. I might have the give the adapter one more honest shot but I really appreciate the feedback and advice. Ill let you know how it goes if I break out the drill.

Benji0250

FNG
I'm here with yall... just bought everything to convert tripod to arca ballhead and have luepold 20x60x60 on its way with arca ready to go... binos are easy to make work... but this Ridgeline FFT is first.. Yall let me know if you get the gull to do it... if not I'm going to have to wing it this month and I'll let yall know how it goes.