Adding Topos to Google Earth question

WKR
So I've searched here and the net in general... Every thing I've tried just doesn't seem to work.

Any advice?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Build your map in caltopo however you like, layers, waypoints, etc. Then go to Export > Download Network Link. Then open that file in google earth.

Build your map in caltopo however you like, layers, waypoints, etc. Then go to Export > Download Network Link. Then open that file in google earth.
That sounds decent, I use caltopo on Backcountry Navigator as my main map any I like it.

Just really started playing with Google Earth recently beyond just taking cursory looks at areas I was already planning to go into. Trying to really learn how to get the most out of it. The ability to tie in with the same maps I already use with GE would be great.

Now I just have to figure out the whole import/download/layers thing.

And how to fly that damn plane!

Thanks alot for all that info. Really appreciate it.

Don't forget, caltopo has a huge variety of map layers, as well as private/public land boundaries, current and historical wildfire data, slope shading, sunlight and ground cover analysis, snotel and weather data, etc. It's really dense and really powerful, and it's all free. I recommend going through their blog to learn more of what it's capable of, I'm always finding new features.

Back