Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom

I went to purchase lightroom, but I saw photoshop as well. Can somebody tell me the difference? What do I need to go with and why? Thanks in advance!

colonel00

WKR
I pay for the Photography bundle which is like $10/mo for both applications. As a short description, Lightroom is mainly designed to catalog and organize photos but it can also do quite a bit of processing of photos, especially when shot in RAW. Photoshop is more for advanced manipulation of images like adding layers and doing all sorts of cool stuff. I use Lightroom 98% of the time with my photos and just dabble with Photoshop if there is a specific thing I need to do.

As far as what you need, it will vary but perhaps you can provide some info on what you are shooting, your equipment and what you are wanting out of the program.

OP
C
I'll be shooting raw inages with a Sony a6300 and kit lenses. I just want to be able to manipulate images and be able to print larger portraits. I'll be shooting pretty much everything, hunts family, kids sporting events, etc...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

greentimber

Lil-Rokslider
I use both professionally and prefer to do everything I can in Lightroom. There are things that are easier done, better done, or things that can only be done in Photoshop, but Lightroom is my go-to for photo-manipulation. You really do need both, however.

You don't need photoshop. Lightroom is plenty for personal use.

Capture one pro is really good (IE better than Lightroom) in my opinion especially for Sony and Fuji images although not as intuitive but is more powerful in several ways.

I use photoshop daily at work, but understand that photoshop is destructive. So make a copy of your original and edit the copy. You cannot go back like Lightroom can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk