Advice on getting my Real Estate license in WY/SD/MT

Title says it all. I am currently a TN resident whose dream is to move to NE/ North Central WY or Southern/SE MT. I have always been interested in real estate (commercial, farm/ranch, industrial) and am currently in a management role over 50~ employees in the manufacturing sector in West TN. I would love to get licensed in SD MT and WY and move out there in the next 18-24 months. Anyone whose in the real estate field or knows anything about it feel free to reach via private message or comment on this thread. I am in my 20s with a bachelors degree in sales marketing if that matters.

CorbLand

WKR
Lots of advice in this thread

HookUp

WKR
I looked into being a realtor and was told to plan for one year with no income. not sure how true this statement is but I passed.

OP
T
Lots of advice in this thread
After reading through the linked thread I'm thinking about going the general appraiser route. Seems like it'd be a good fulfilling career.

****looks into crystal ball****

Bad timing to jump into real estate with a big recession looming. The top 10% are doing fantastic, but the chickens are getting restless...

OP
T
I live in a town in the area you described and a couple weeks ago there were about 20 houses for sale and we have 42 realtors in town.

ClearCreek
After reading a thread that was previously linked in this one I'm looking at going the appraiser route.

amassi

WKR
After reading a thread that was previously linked in this one I'm looking at going the appraiser route.
The housing market is slowing, how many appraisals will the area you want to live support during a down market? How many appraisers are working that area. My last 2 appraisals were done by contractors that did them on the side but that was during the housing boom, they have careers to fall back on during the slow times

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Commercial is a bit different than residential. My advise is to hook up with a commercial broker that has more to do than they can handle. They will feed you some business so you can get started and build some experience. Commercial is more of a relationship business and you may find you will be doing business over and over with the same clients. But you have to have some in with them. Im a 30 year veteran of commercial real estate. The last 15 years I have been mostly doing industrial leasing and sales and industrial income property sales. Most of the successful folks I know started out with a mentor. Not all but most. I have seen most newbees washout because they tried to go it on their own. If you dont have business connections where you are moving it will be tough on your own.

Title says it all. I am currently a TN resident whose dream is to move to NE/ North Central WY or Southern/SE MT. I have always been interested in real estate (commercial, farm/ranch, industrial) and am currently in a management role over 50~ employees in the manufacturing sector in West TN. I would love to get licensed in SD MT and WY and move out there in the next 18-24 months. Anyone whose in the real estate field or knows anything about it feel free to reach via private message or comment on this thread. I am in my 20s with a bachelors degree in sales marketing if that matters.
Montana doesnt need anymore land maggots swarming in here like buzzards, driving prices up higher than the stratosphere and trying to turn the earth into profit for paper currency.

When the Last Tree Is Cut Down, the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned, Only Then Will The White Man Realize That You Cannot Eat Money