AG Alpine Hunter stock

I've had my 6.5 PRC in a Grayboe Phoenix. I loved the stock until my kid in true Rokslide fashion decided to cliff test it. And it didn't survive.

Now I reached out to Grayboe via email and on the gram. Can't do much since it's the weekend. I really don't want another Phoenix and their other offerings that are similar are an extra 1.5 heavier.

Front Range Precision in Helena has an Alpine Precision Hunter that'll fit my rig. I can have my dad bring it up when we hunt this next weekend.

Anyone have any experience with these? My buddy has one and he really likes it. The weight is nice.
How's one add an m-lok or a arca rail to it? I really don't want to use a hog saddle for tripod shooting.

Definitely don't want to bash Grayboe or their products. Just surprised a 3 foot fall broke the stock.
Hoping I can just get a refund since I've only put 200 rounds through the rifle.
e6776f2b81c652bb0af1df7dd36a6bbb.jpg
b21572fdfb8551d1ad0c4c3d35ff9863.jpg
7675d2650e363ce45f1392925ac9f438.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TuckTruck

Lil-Rokslider
I personally haven’t owned one, but I have shot one and I was impressed, especially for the price. I know the boys over at Long Range Only reviewed that specific stock. You might check that out.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
I just bought one from Owen at Front Range, it is already drilled for an arca plate. Inlet for Proof Sendero, the prefit I bought fit very well. I‘m looking forward to shooting it but I just got it last week so can’t comment more than that.

In my limited experience -1 greyboe and 2 ag composites, the fit and finish is WAY better with the ag. Greyboe feels heavy and cheap in comparison and the finish has chips in it where there were air pockets under the surface. This was a stock I bought when the just came out though. Maybe early production flaws?

khuber84

WKR
Alpine hunters are badass, have another on order for a 338 prc bat vampire build!

mvrk28

WKR
I have an Alpine Hunter on 280 AI, it is a great stock no complaints whatsoever.

Clark33

WKR
I have one on a 280AI, love the ergonomics, only gripe is the palm swell is a tad slippery, thinking of sticking some grip tape on it.

Decker9

WKR
I just got my alpine hunter in. It’s full paint, and I have a privateer that’s carbon/paint. The alpine hunter with full paint is noticeably grippier then the carbon/paint. Just for reference.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I just got my alpine hunter in. It’s full paint, and I have a privateer that’s carbon/paint. The alpine hunter with full paint is noticeably grippier then the carbon/paint. Just for reference.
What is the barrel inlet, length of pull, and weight? I am trying to get a real world weight idea for a future project. Thanks.

ChrisAU

WKR
What is the barrel inlet, length of pull, and weight? I am trying to get a real world weight idea for a future project. Thanks.

Mine is a RH SA Rem 700, Hawkins M5 DBM inlet, varmint/sendero light contour, standard LOP, 2 QD cups on left side, and 2 Spartan flush mount adapters with dirt plugs and is 29.9 oz.

Decker9

WKR

The barrel channel is inletted for a benchmark sendero lite. I’m not sure of the LOP yet until I get the trigger in, but would be whatever AGC specifies it at. The bare stock weight is a hair under 32 oz’s with the 2” rail mount up front.

4B1D49BE-41EA-4BB2-8578-CA751A753504.jpeg

For reference, my privateer came in at 26 oz with a #1 benchmark contour channel

BAKPAKR

WKR
The barrel channel is inletted for a benchmark sendero lite. I’m not sure of the LOP yet until I get the trigger in, but would be whatever AGC specifies it at. The bare stock weight is a hair under 32 oz’s with the 2” rail mount up front.

View attachment 343559

For reference, my privateer came in at 26 oz with a #1 benchmark contour channel
Thanks. I like that paint.

khuber84

WKR
If you guys are looking for similar ergos, vertical grip, textured in grip and light weight, the Mesa altitude is hard to beat! They weigh 25oz and are a SOLID stock as well. I'm pretty certain Mesa made the molds and AG actually forms them, and final inlet is at Mesa.

View attachment 343559

What are you building now?

Thinking of getting on the 7 saum kick, I was eyeballing the 7Sherman max, but not sure I want all the extra that comes with it. Mostly to play with on our 1000 yard range, but will probably end up slugging it around the mountains too lol.
Can’t that PRC do that already?