AGC vs Marsupial Bino Harness?

OutdoorAg

WKR
Day 2 with the Marsupial...

1) Went on a 3 mile hike. Nearly all flatland - sorry, don't live at elevation. Temp was moderate in the low 70s, and the harness was comfortable. If I wore my phone in the chest facing phone pocket, with the screen facing my chest, I ended up with a sweaty phone screen. Flipped it over to the case side facing my chest, and that at least kept the sweat off the phone. No way around this - warm weather and wearing any pack next to skin is going to result in some sweat trapped at that location.

2) A plus one for keeping the safety tethers. Today I tried out a heaver pair of binos - 10x42 SLC. Multiple times I stopped to glass wildlife, going one handed, and putting the binos back in the pouch without looking down. At lease once I got a little quick with the holstering of the binos and nearly missed the pack. Never did I drop them and have the tethers catch the full weight of the glass...but I could see, while hunting, in the moment or when rushed - it could be nice to have the tethers there as a back up. Jury is still out, but after just this 1 day hike - I'm considering alterations to the tethers to make them work better for my high and tight set up.

3) This truly is a one handed operation. The flip top, glass out, back in, close lid can all be done with one hand. I say that because my other hand was holding the leash of my 85 pound lab, so I was forced into using one and only one hand.

4) Weight distribution is nice. I never felt shoulder strain, and the SLC 10x42 is nearly a 30z bino (SLC Neu). Thats on the heavy side for 10x42s, and I never "felt" the weight. Good work from the harness and back to spread the load across my shoulders and chest. This was with fully tightened chest straps - maybe even a little too snug as I could feel them when breathing heavy.

2 suggestions to Marsupial...

1)I think you could offer a X-Small pouch and it would sell. My binos - 8x32 EL and 10x42 SLC - both have lots of room between the eye pieces and the top of the lid. If you offered a stripped down X-Small version, no front zipper, drop the price $10, I think you'd keep selling em.

2) The inside of the lid looks like a PERFECT spot for some hook and loop. I'd LOVE to slap a velcro backed square with my ballistics on it. Perfect spot to flip open binos and review my drop chart.

Put it right here:

Attachments

• SCL10x42.jpg
    SCL10x42.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 12

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been using a AGC since 2012 And I really enjoy It. I usually put my range finder in The front pocket my license and tags in the rear pocket Extra batteries and His head lamp in the one side pocket and in the other side Pocket my havalon and gloves. So I pretty much got everything with me without taking my backpack if I got an animal down. I've looked at the marsupial and they look great but I have no issues with my current pack and I'm not gonna spend money on a new one When mine is perfectly good still.

I do like the marsupial bow holder