Agencies announce decision to restore grizzly bears to North Cascades. I guess this makes it official

Chrisamx

FNG
Not dismissive, more like astounded that they have much traction, IMO they are pinko commies, mostly and use a bunch of idiots who live in cities to further their aims which is effective, look at the wolves in Co, passed on an urban, suburban vote
They have legal teams that are thorough and cherry pick their Judges as well. What worries me is that the laws are currently being interpreted in their favor for the most part. Changes to some of these laws could help us in a big way.

Actually I think they don’t want them in Co or they would be here. I do think if we get them, there will be some wild encounters, and it might wake people up. Folks have no idea. I get it the Alaska and Wyo and MT guys are good with em, last year alone Co had 80ish million tourists… lots of them hit the hills. Way too many people around for there to not be conflicts
I don't think they would determine any suitable habitat for them in CO. They have said that the Big Horns is not suitable habitat and they don't want them there after that one they killed over there.

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
And then 3 weeks later it had already walked all the way back to where it was captured.
Move it less than 30 miles and expect it to stay there eating ground squirrels when it can go back and eat chicken, our wonderful game agency.

Colterw

FNG
Bring it on, let's send them to California and everywhere else they were during that magical time period in the late 1800's.

Let's bring back dodo birds and passenger pigeons too if we're so set on returning animals to a landscape that hasn't seen these animals in decades or longer.

Last edited:

IDVortex

WKR
Saw that earlier, sad that they don't have a idea as to what will constitute as a reestablish herd. But then that opens them up to being taken off of the ESA and that won't go over good with the folks in the concrete cities.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Funny, last I checked we are the top predators… but we can pretend we aren’t part of the eco system I guess… how can humans have the greatest negative effect on nature ie global warming, yet at the same time be outside of nature ie “rewinding” lots of mental gymnastics there
You need to use more emotion to help you help others to know something that doesn’t make sense

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Hopefully all these bears will walk back from where they came from. Seriously, anybody who has spent any time up there should realize there ain't a whole heck of a lot of food for them. Not many elk or deer, a grizzly is not going to survive on rock chucks, or whatever small creatures there are. Guess what's going to happen? Hello Mazama, Winthrop and Twisp, your livestock is gone. Nice move.

wyosam

WKR
It'll be interesting how it plays out. There are so many hikers/backpackers in the cascades. I would guess once the population is established there will be a lot of conflicts.

It’s worth remembering that there is a lot of country with grizzly bears and a lot of outdoor recreation- lower 48, AK and a bunch more in Canada. G-bear fear is one of the most overblown risks in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyosam

WKR
Hopefully all these bears will walk back from where they came from. Seriously, anybody who has spent any time up there should realize there ain't a whole heck of a lot of food for them. Not many elk or deer, a grizzly is not going to survive on rock chucks, or whatever small creatures there are. Guess what's going to happen? Hello Mazama, Winthrop and Twisp, your livestock is gone. Nice move.

I don’t know the north cascades, but I’d guess there’s good berry crops and a few salmon streams. Bears eat some big game, but there’s a bunch of other stuff that’s a bigger determinant of how they’ll fare.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Yes, agreed, you have no clue about the North Cascades, that area is very rugged and rocky with not a whole lot of berry production and no salmon streams anymore. I've hiked it extensively. When they dammed up the Skagit River to make Shannon, Ross, Baker and Diablo they cut off all salmon up that far. Those bears will have nothing to eat. Do you think a near 1000 lb animal can live on eating a few blackberries it finds?

wyosam

WKR
Yes, agreed, you have no clue about the North Cascades, that area is very rugged and rocky with not a whole lot of berry production and no salmon streams anymore. I've hiked it extensively. When they dammed up the Skagit River to make Shannon, Ross, Baker and Diablo they cut off all salmon up that far. Those bears will have nothing to eat. Do you think a near 1000 lb animal can live on eating a few blackberries it finds?

They get by pretty well in Alaska. Game density is pretty low in most of the state. There is some pretty rocky and rugged terrain up here, too. Grizzlies do just fine not very far north of the cascades, I suspect they’d figure it out.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
I hope grizz are in Colorado and California ASAP! The NIMBY crowd can deal with the consequences of their votes in a real and personal way. It will certainly thin out some of the people deep in the backcountry due to fear.
Exactly; the liberal granola heads making these decisions are doing it based on politics and emotion, not biology.

Can we get a constitutional amendment that says "predators being reintroduced due to a public referendum will be placed in the voting district(s) with the most votes supporting the measure"?
You think that would get more traction than
"shall not be infringed" ? LOL!!

Words worth less than the paper they're printed on.

But if it makes someone feel better I won't try to stop them.

Grundy53

WKR
They get by pretty well in Alaska. Game density is pretty low in most of the state. There is some pretty rocky and rugged terrain up here, too. Grizzlies do just fine not very far north of the cascades, I suspect they’d figure it out.

If the north cascades were suitable habitat they would be there already.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk