Aguila 6.5 CM 140g - ballistics apps

Meathead

FNG
I picked up a couple boxes of Aguila 140g for my 6.5CM to play with my new Vortex Razor 4000 GB...does anyone know the bullet length or where to find such information? The app doesn't have this bullet listed, how important is entering bullet length in the Geoballistics app? They say fps is 2600 and i'll have to use that as i have no way of measuring. Oh, I also have a couple boxes of Browning BXR 129g that aren't in my bullet library either. I looked on jbmballistics site and they don't have either bullet. Any help is appreciated. thanks

OP
M

Meathead

FNG
I found somewhere online, some website selling ammo, the length of the browning bxr 129g 6.5CM...it said 1.40 inches.

OP
M

Meathead

FNG
I'll have to pass on the Aguila 140g for my 6.5 CM Ruger American, it just doesn't like the stuff. I finally switched to my Precision Hunter to get decent groups at 100yds. I was running out of daylight and didn't care for the setup...I've never shot from a field pod and couldn't get used to it. I did shoot the Precision Hunter 3 times at 300 yards and the Vortex 4000 GB rangefinder had me correct at 300yds, so far so good on the new rangefinder. Hopefully, I'll get to try it out again next weekend with a table and some bags for a rest.