Airline travel Duffle

wramos

FNG
I used a military issue sea bag. Might be able to find at a surplus store. Worked great for my loaded MR Beartooth 88 backpack.

I have used North Fave Base camp duffels, Patagonia, Kuiu Taku, & Yeti. Kuiu just recently launched their waypoint duffel which I have no experience with but looks great. Lots of options out there. TNF Base Camp duffel is not 100% waterproof. The bottom has a more abrasion resistant non waterproof bottom on it and I have had it soak though. The Kuiu Taku ha no supportive siding in it. Simply use it to put my packed backpack in. The Yeti is way to stiff to be functional if you are in and out do the bag a lot. That said it’s bombproof. I use the Patagonia as a carryon. Interested in trying the new Kuiu Waypoint.

BroncoAZ

FNG
I traveled extensively for business for 14 years. The best bag I came across for carry on was the Maxpedition Fliegerduffel. I used the same one going on 6 years now and it doesn’t show and significant wear. I love the backpack straps for swift walking through the terminal, although when fully loaded with a week’s worth of business clothes and a 6# laptop it can be a little heavy for long term backpack use. I used their briefcase from 2012 until I got a new 16” MBP in 2020, it still looks close to new (just dirty).

This larger version is buy one get one free right now.

Briefcase

Trial153

WKR
The newest incarnation of the Sitka duffles are very nice so far, have the smaller and largest. Been about a dozen flights and they have been solid. Meat, packs, capes they have done it all and they pack small enough that you can put them in other luggage for the flights out and use them coming home.
I also have the Patagonia and Filson, both work well and are very robust yet heavier then the Sitka

Been using Kuiu Taku 9000 for a few years and probably 10 airline trips. Still holding up and paid for itself. Like a previous post, I put my loaded pack in it for the trip out, but break everything down for the trip back.... usually.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I did exactly this from Denver to Fairbanks and it worked wonderfully.